UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Justice For Baby P March

chuckey-lee

sorry , for the ones who haven't/can't access Facebook, a short copy

"We have arranged a JUSTICE FOR BABY P MARCH on the 13th of December starting from Millbank near Westminster, Via Downing Street and on to Trafalgar Square (TBC) to call on the Government to act right and give Baby P some justice at last!

We personally believe that the professionals involved deserve a prison sentence as well!!

*** WARNING ***

We will NOT tolerate any abuse of any kind on this page or at the protest, this is a peaceful family loving event. We're here to make a difference after hearing of this sickening crime! Any crude comments will be deleted along with any mention of the monsters names and current locations etc. This is a requirement to keep this event open. No pictures of the monsters either please.

THE MARCH FOR BABY P

Updates from our meetings with Scotland Yard:

This is now CONFIRMED with Scotland Yard, Our March will be going ahead on 13th December at 11am Meeting place is Milbank (Please see streetmap link above)

@ 1:00pm we will be Marching to Downing Street to hand over Petition AT 1:30pm, then we will move onto Trafalga Square for our rally, (TBC as we need permission from GLA) we will arrive here by about 2pm, We will have speakers there! Already confirmed is Lyn Featherson, MP for Wood Green.

NO BANDS are allowed throughout the March and NO LOUD HAILERS allowed in the vicinity of THE HOUSES OF PARLIMENT.

NO ACCUSED NAMES OR PHOTOGRAPHS are allowed on Banners/Posters/Flyers etc as this could jeopardise the court case and any further prosecutions.

We have now set up a transport link, so if you need, or are organising transport please set it up here

http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=h...gid=35113098809

Closest train station is Westminster but please see the attached link of street map

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=52...179500&lm=0

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=53...p=newsearch.srf

TRAVEL:

COACHES:

Coach organisers, please can you bring 2 Stewards with you, could you please supply us with their names and contact numbers.

Coaches to drop off at Vauxhall Bridge Road, but CAN NOT park there, Coach Companies should know where they are permitted to park.

TRAINS:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1106.aspx

If you are travelling in groups, please remember a family day ticket is cheaper x

DRIVING:

I would advise not to drive unless absolutely necessary as there will be road closures and MINIMAL PARKING, only pay and display by Victoria Street.

If you are driving using satnav, please enter this postcode SW1P 4QP

BLUE BALLOONS

On the 13th December at 3pm we are asking everyone to release a BLUE BALLOON where ever they are in loving memory of BABY P and for the souls of all other children taken from us in the evil way .

personally i will not be attending.

i dont quite see the point actually of the rally-sorry if that offends.

what are you marching for?

it is a sad fact that carers always have & probably always kill that which they are responsible for (whether that is stuipidity, cruelty, hate, madness...the list goes on). whethe that is a child, an animal, a disabled peson, the old.

im sure lots of people will feel better criticising all professionals involved, feel much better about their own families and then go home.

if people really want change-train as a social worker, volunteer to be a scout master, help out at sure-start (older mothers are linked in as mentors to teenage mums). Do something.

sorry-this sounds very negative-apologies-when i expect it is being done with the best of intentions

Fee

Cheryl, they can not apply for anything of that kind until shortly before their release and personally ,I don't think it will help them anyway as too many people know them by now :wink:

Fee, for me personally,I am actually actively looking into becoming more involved ,ie sure-start at our local family center ,am on that list already and with my youngest getting bigger now,I'll be able to spend more time there

if I'm able to go,I will march for all those little ones that need(ed) help/saving,I think baby P is just a little hero who opened a lots of eyes and leads the way and if because of all this even only one child can be saved,then to me that's more then worth it :)

I think this case has already changed the attitude of a lots of people and if this means families friends and neighbours keeping a closer eye on each other (in which ever way) then I think that's a fantastic result

I don't know if you've seen the news but there are already changes happening in childcare and cases of children at high risk taken into care has rissen dramaticly since the outcome of the trail,IMHO that too can't be bad ;)

(ps no offence taken :) )

I don't know if you've seen the news but there are already changes happening in childcare and cases of children at high risk taken into care has rissen dramaticly since the outcome of the trail,IMHO that too can't be bad ;)

(ps no offence taken :) )

But it can be bad, knee jerk reactions are no way to deal with child protection issues. There is a thread on here somewhere about what happens when people panic and end up not seeing the wood for the trees.