UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Some Advice If Possible Please!

Maly

She does sound as though she is missing company or is stressed. When did you move? If it's very recently that may well have unsettled her. A lot of people in bullbreed circles say you shouldn't mix same sex dogs.

I know that now :/ Tila & Lola were my own first dogs, but not my families. I've always been around gos and not just me, but several people in my family have kept same sex bulls without any problems. I did do my research first too, unfortunately I was given very bad advice - by vets as well no less! I spoke to various people and they all reckoned if I got the dogs at the same time then there shouldn't be much of an issue. They recommended I feed them separately to stop an foody issues (which I did) and to be honest, until we moved the most I ever witnessed was a slight growl if one dog was asleep and the other droped a ball on the other to ask to play. They had their own spaces and slept in different places so had some time alone, but I suppose they always knew there was someone else around.

I'm erring on the side of Tila being lonely and stressed. The fact that she never even looks at doors, walls etc when someone is in clinches it for me. She's perfectly happy as long as somone is around. I just worry so much when we leave her alone, you hear so many horror stories about dogs eating something they shouldn't....

I'll look into some other possible remedies in the meantime anyway

I'm in Leeds - it'd be great if someone can recommend a good behaviourist!

I'll look at the t touch thing, never heard of it before but great if it'll help!

When we leave Tila, she has the run of a large long hallway on the ground floor, the bathroom (much larger than your usual bathroom!), the large landing space where her bed is, the stairway down to the basement level and the large hallway and a half down there. We always leave the bedroom doors shut (she's not allowed on our bed) and I'd be concerned about leaving the door to the lounge/ kitchen open as there's leather sofas in there that could easily be chewed & a plasma screen tv that can be knocked over if it was run into (polished wooden floors, a clumsy dog and a love of chasing balls don't mix if unsupervised!) I've never let her (or Lola) have the run of the entire house while I'm out but it's not like she's stuck in a small space or anything.

Although this is a new house, she had less space during the day at my old place and she never chewed :(

I'll PM you - details of a fantastic APDT trainer who also does behaviour work in Leeds and a TTouch practitioner who is brill :)

I'll look at the t touch thing, never heard of it before but great if it'll help!

I live in Leeds, looking at going on a t touch course in January of next year. Will find out details/price and let you know. Just in case you are interested in going :)