UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Owner Calls For Greyhounds To Be Muzzled

kola

When will people stop generalising and labelling dogs! :grrr: Any dog which is aggressive and likely to attack should be kept on a lead or muzzled no matter what breed it is - it's about responsible ownership. I feel sorry for Janet Essex and Simba and clearly the dog which attacked Simber should have been muzzled. I have 2 greyhounds, one of which is muzzled off lead and one which isn't. As for labelling greyhounds as dangerous ... I don't think so - and they certainly don't all need to be muzzled!

My 2 greys are always muzzled when off lead. I just wouldn't take the risk, as one has high chase instinct and the other follows.

I do feel sorry for Janet Essex, because it isn't nice to see your dog being attacked. But I am struggling to see all/any of the bites that she said were inflicted all over the dogs tummy, in the photo.

But to say that they should be registered as dangerous dogs. :rolleyes:

Edited by greys mum

ffs, the reporter hasnt even got it right.

Mrs Essex said she will be looking to get in touch with authorities in an attempt to get greyhounds recognised as dangerous dogs.

Currently, only a handful of breeds fall into this category, including pit bulls and rottweilers. :rolleyes:

Sky was attacked by a jack russell once, shall we call for them to go on the dangerous dogs list too?

It's one thing being upset - and quite rightly so, it's not a nice experience for dog or owner, but to label a whole breed because of the actions of one or two is just ridiculous.

• 5 weeks later...

Good idea Lisa my Buddy big Male Rottie has been

attacked twice. 1st time by a Jack Russel and his owner

was to scared to get near Buddy it took him ages and

a few choise words from me for him to grab the dog

which bit him when he did, I did try not to Laugh :laugh:

2nd time was by a Cavalier King Charles and he just

got fed up waitting for the woman to come and pull the

dog off he just pinned it to the ground and held it there

till she arrived as soon as she took hold of the dog he

let go and she was amazed how gentle he was not a

mark on the KCC. :rolleyes: