UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pitbull Awareness Day

becks1983

What is National Pit Bull Awareness Day?

Last year, over 150 events were held across the country for National Pit Bull Awareness Day, founded by Cookeville, TN resident Jodi Preis. One day she says, ...I just came up with the idea. Responsible owners deserve at least one day out of the year to be heard. It´s very unfair that all you hear about are the bad news stories, when there are so many responsible pit bull owners out there.

Preis, founder of Bless the Bullys, a pit bull rescue and education effort, put the idea of a National Pit Bull Awareness Day out and was surprised at the overwhelming response. Pries said, Our hope is just to educate, if we can touch one person today then we have done our job, if we could change one mind, if they can see what these dogs are really like and then give them the opportunity to make up their own mind after they meet one.

In the midst of continuing Breed Specific Legislation (BSL), it´s time for responsible Pit Bull Owners to take a stand. Let´s band together and show the world how wonderful this breed is.

Pit Bulls are not the problem. Bad Owners are the problem. And we are the solution....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We may NOT live in the State´s where over a hundred events are being held to mark this unique event as a united front and voice for the Pit Bull,but we can still do our bit.

Wear and promote a PB t-shirt,or a badge.......sign petitions to help PB´s and PB ´types´ innocently arrested under the DDA and against Dog Fighting......how ever small,your support maybe,it´s better than nothing!!!!!...go on...become a PB´s friend today !!!.

Hi and welcome to The Refuge :)

Whilst I fully support the message that Pit Bulls aren't bad dogs, they are still illegal in this country and as such, celebrating ownership of an illegal breed isn't exactly being responsible.

Is there a website connected to this event?

Hi and welcome to The Refuge :)

Whilst I fully support the message that Pit Bulls aren't bad dogs, they are still illegal in this country and as such, celebrating ownership of an illegal breed isn't exactly being responsible.

Is there a website connected to this event?

Thank you Kathy for putting up website :biggrin:

I am sorry i haven't really put my point across :rolleyes: Basically i dont promote ownership of pitbulls in this country however much i believe they are not what the are publisized to be. All i am trying to do especially in my area at the moment is make people aware of the dda and try educating and using pitbull awareness day to help me out a little, i just feel if this can happen to the pitty's could it be the bullys next??? :unsure: I am just trying to in my own little way promote them to change local opinions! :) I hope that makes sense and i have explained better now!!!

I can just use the I'M NEW excuse for few more posts :laugh: :biggrin:

Becky