UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Can You Save A Pitbull Type From Being Pts?

Zuba

I dont want to give away too much in case the wrong person sees it, but I really dont know what to do about this girl. She is a pitbull cross according to the warden who picked her up a few weeks ago and is looking for a new home but its unlikely she'll find one as she is of type and she really deserves this chance, I have met her purely by accident but now I need to do something because she is extremely friendly and a beautiful dog. I cant take her, for one I've not long had a baby, two my dog does not get on well with other bitches in her home and three my OH would divorce me :laugh: What can I do? Is there anyway I can get her licensed myself whilst she is in the pound? that way she may find it easier to get a new home, is there any training classes I could take her to which would maybe prove she is a good dog and hopefully save her life? I am really stuck with this one and I cant just walk away now I have seen her, please help she is only a pup I'd estimate about 9months to a year, she deserves a chance at life. :GroupHug:

Zuba

I guess I might be one of those 'wrong' people. Don't worry you've given nothing away.

First of all the Warden doesn't seem to know the law. If the Warden has decided that it is of type then he/she can't rehome it.

If the Warden doesn't know the law then I wonder do they know enough to decide type.

The dog really needs to be seen by a couple of different people who have good experience.

If they decide it's not, great, arrange for re-homing.

If they decide it is then you need to start talking to DNB, EDDR etc. There are plenty on here who will advise.

Hope it works out

hiya l :laugh: at dave being the wrong person

initially do you have any pics if so pm them to me and ill get a couple of those 'people' wot know to have a look, you cant define type by a pic but sometimes you can define a not type.

agree with dave, the warden may not be qualified to tell and if they are they wouldnt be rehoming

just as a dog that is not a pit bull can be type sometimes a dog which is half pit bull still wont measure up to type :wacko: