UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lucy Is Looking For A New Home

Dear Lucy

This is Lucy, and due to unfortunate circumstances she is looking for a new home, can you offer her a life line?

Please note we are going to rehome Lucy from her current home, the daughter is more than happy to receive a call from anyone who would like to know more about this wonderful old lady.

Lucy will be rehomed via all of Last Chance Animal Rescue adoption procedures, details can be seen below.

This is Lucy’s story and details so far.

My mother died a year and a half ago and Lucy has been pushed from pillar to post around the family to be looked after by anyone who can give her a home. My sister, (who also has a lively and profoundly deaf dalmation aged 4), reluctantly agreed to take on Lucy as no one else was able to give her a home, but with the two dogs and a young family, Lucy was beginning to become neglected and left out in the garden all day to keep her out of the way and out of the house and being left on her own much of the time. Lucy is just a bit old now to be with such a lively dog around her and the constant jumping, snatching food and barking from the younger dog was making Lucy irritable.

My sister asked if I’d look after Lucy as she was going on holiday a few weeks ago, then, when she returned from holiday, she just never came to pick her up stating that she had come to the end of her tether with both the dogs in the house. As I’m living in a small two up two down terraced house with just a small courtyard garden, plus working all day, am finding I can not cope with a large dog in such a tiny house. Lucy is around 11 years old, is extremely friendly, well behaved with no behavioural problems and loves attention and is brilliant with strangers. She’s happy just being around someone and being taken for long walks and would prove to be a great companion for the right person in the right environment. However, she is just not getting the walks and time spent on her that she needs. I’m not sure what to do and would be extremely grateful for any advice or help you could offer. I know Lucy is going to be hard to home because of her age and people will become a little anxious about taking her on because of the potential cost of vet’s bills if she eventually gets ill. I went to the Vets the other day with her to get her checked over, and they said she is in great shape for her age and complimented me on how she is so well behaved.

I’m in a bit of a mess with this situation and dearly want Lucy to find a home that will give her the time and stimulation that she really needs. She would be a great companion for someone who can give her the time. I’m anxious that she is not put down, but am finding it stressful to know actually the best option to turn to.

There is a little more information from the owner, only asking us Last Chance for HELP, so here we are trying to help this old girl. I have told the owner, that Last Chance has a total non-destruct policy, and we will do everything to try and find this girl a home, even a foster home.

After speaking to the owner I have been informed that thou she is currently living with a cat, she feels it is not desirable for either of them, currently she has to keep them both separate at all times, she is not sure if Lucy would hurt her cat, more want to play, but not certain. Lucy is great with kids, but again due to her age we feel it is better either an older family or a quiet household, but loves time with grandchildren on those occasions they visit.

Much more information is available, just contact Last Chance and we will pass on the details.

Lucy will be up to date with her vaccinations, flea and worm treated, mirco chipped and will have six weeks free insurance with Pet Plan. I am currently waiting to find out if she has been spayed or not, if she is not, at her age this will not be a requirement, but precautions will still have to be made.

www.lastchanceanimalrescue.co.uk

Last Chance Animal Rescue, Registered Charity No. 1002349

if you would like to know more about me, please call us on 01732 865530 between 10 – 3, or via our web site above [email protected], or email Adrienne on [email protected] , hoping to hear from you

post-477-1220551972_thumb.jpg