UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Walking Boots - Recommendations

dawnie

I'm after some long lasting comfortable boots (ie wellington type but more durable) to walk my dogs as i'm surrounded by fields which will get quite muddy as the wet weather continues (notice i said continues and not arrives!! :laugh: _) anyone got any recommendations?

Dealing with many dogs that have CDRM this is a problem I have often encountered. Try Googling Pro Active Paws they are a company in Ireland whose boots fasten high on the hock and seem to be quite good. I first saw them on a GSD in Scotland and was very impressed with them. Avoid Mikki they are stylish rubbish which will last about ten seconds.

I have a pair of Berghaus boots which are very comfortable, also some Hunter wellies for VERY wet walks, also comfortable, BUT am just about to treat myself to some Dubarry boots, they are long, leather and suitable for wet, mud and normal walking.

I bought the Dubarry boots last year and they are fab, but the first time I wore them I only wore thin socks and they did give me a blister, so maybe they need working in so to speak or thick socks :rolleyes:

Nooo, don't get the Dubarry ones, get the Dublin ones instead. Just as fab, but about half the price :biggrin:

Dublin boots

I love mine, they are so comfy and I wouldn't be without them!

If you are after something like a welly but a bit warmer go for a mudrucker I live in these in the winter at the yard and love them. They are worn a hell of a lot in all weather conditions, only reason I killed my last pair was because I put a fork right through the neoprene top bit and made a huge hole in them :rolleyes:

I bought the Dubarry boots last year and they are fab, but the first time I wore them I only wore thin socks and they did give me a blister, so maybe they need working in so to speak or thick socks :rolleyes:

Just bought a pair of long thick socks for inside my wellies to keep little toes warm!! :circle: