UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Toy Danger!

dirtychicken

I received a link in an email this morning (thank you again, Muriel :flowers: ) to a blog containing a story about a dog who was injured after playing with a toy ball.

The ball was one of the rubber, dimpled balls with a bell in the middle. The dog chewed through the rubber and a vaccuum was created, sucking his tongue into the hollow centre of the ball. The story is terrible and the link is here: Chai's Story

There have been other incidences of this sort of thing happening with the same sort of toy and it appears to happen when there is only one hole in the ball. If there is another, smaller hole in the ball then the vaccuum effect is avoided.

I checked through our toy box today and found that we had several of this type of toy which we had bought/been given for Bran. Some of them had the extra hole but more of them didn't and have now been binned.

Please just have a quick look :flowers:

you can solve the problem by heating a small screwdriver, or similar, and making several small holes in the ball. This allows the air to be released when it is squashed or chewed. x

I was planning to do something similar, but I just gave up and binned it because once something gets put to the side for "something" to be done later, it just doesn't happen :blush:

• 4 months later...