UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tips Needed On Researching Family Tree

madison

Suzeanna have you tried searching using different spellings of the name? Liddle, Ladle, Naddle etc.. And using wildcards to search too? If you want you can PM the details and I will have a look too :flowers: Sometimes someone else will turn things up. I know it's happened with me a time or two when I have been tearing my hair out and then a genealogy pal has searched and hey presto!

I'm a very very excited person - and I've no-one else to tell just now.

I spotted a book on t'internet, and, various pennies dropped in my memory, and various things tied together in the description/name/location of the book, and I took a risk and ordered it.

It arrived today, and it is a book written by a relation published in 1924, which he has written in, there's a photo of him, a short biog which gives me his exact date of birth, education, and so on, and an advertising ditty, a joke, and a "reference" in "Lancashire-speak".

Despite it being nearly 80 years old I am highly amused by "the reference".

And I'm pretty sure he left school at the earliest possible age.

So now I have loads of things to follow up on - and a very untidy house!

Suzeanna have you tried searching using different spellings of the name? Liddle, Ladle, Naddle etc.. And using wildcards to search too? If you want you can PM the details and I will have a look too :flowers: Sometimes someone else will turn things up. I know it's happened with me a time or two when I have been tearing my hair out and then a genealogy pal has searched and hey presto!

This has happened to me too: Brenen spelt as Brennan, Brenan, Branning etc and Battram spelt as Buttram :wacko: I suppose it is hard trying to decipher the writing on the census records at times.

The Church of Latter Day Saints website link was reeally helpful as well as managed to get some baptism details and exact dates of births for some relatives. :flowers: