UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Here Teach English Gcse/or At A Fe College

lazydaisy

I have an interview on Thursday to teach English at a local FE college. I have been very worried about this because I have not taught GCSE English before. So I have done my usual avoidance tactic "head in the sand" ignore it and it will go away.

I have to present a "micro teach" to the panel of 3 who are representing a mixed ability group. I have decided to give a lesson on descriptive writing. Part of the brief is concering me - " please ensure that your micro-teach includes evidenced of formative and summative assessment" I know what formative and summative assessment is, but am a bit confused about how you include this when you are planning for a ficticious (sp) group. Do you invent students and assess them? Any ideas/advice/help will be gratefully received.

I am primary trained, but have taught Y10/11 SEN pupils COEA English.

thanks in hopeful advance :unsure:

I have an interview on Thursday to teach English at a local FE college. I have been very worried about this because I have not taught GCSE English before. So I have done my usual avoidance tactic "head in the sand" ignore it and it will go away.

I have to present a "micro teach" to the panel of 3 who are representing a mixed ability group. I have decided to give a lesson on descriptive writing. Part of the brief is concering me - " please ensure that your micro-teach includes evidenced of formative and summative assessment" I know what formative and summative assessment is, but am a bit confused about how you include this when you are planning for a ficticious (sp) group. Do you invent students and assess them? Any ideas/advice/help will be gratefully received.

I am primary trained, but have taught Y10/11 SEN pupils COEA English.

thanks in hopeful advance :unsure:

Hi

I teach in English in a college.

I think they want to to design an assessment and ask them to complete it. If you were doing apostrophes for example, you could do a short quiz at the end and assess how much they have learnt. I thnk they want to check that you assess sufficiently and know the difference between summative and formative assessment.

I could sent you one of my lesson plans, if it would help.