UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mole Removal

Wendbert

Had a dodgy looking one removed from my ear a few years ago, no pain other than a scratch when the local jab went in. It was burnt out, which was a rather strange sensation :wacko:

No worries at all about having it done though, very easy and well worth it for the hassle it was causing me :GroupHug:

Saw the doc and have some gel to put on the mole for the next 3-4 weeks. It's diclofenac sodium.

He said that if there's no improvement, then to go back and see the nurse who can freeze it off :unsure:

Funnily enough, there was no long wait at the docs and I spent longer in the chemist waiting for the prescription than the whole time at the surgery :rolleyes: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you don't mind me butting in but I was just wondering whether it might be worth getting a second opinion. I'm spending a lot of time on the breast cancer care forum at the moment (just been diagnosed so am hyper-vigilant about symptoms atm :wacko: ) and the number of GPs who just haven't taken symptoms seriously or have misdiagnosed is mind boggling :angry: . I'm sure it's ok but they always say that a bleeding mole should be thorougly checked and freezing it off would not solve it if it were a more serious problem. Hope it all goes well for you.