UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Alternative Heating

celeste

Everyone is talking about relative costs but no one, anywhere, including on the manufacturers' sites, gives any idea of how much anything costs to buy. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Have a look here moneysavingexpert if you read through the thread the person says they paid 4k for the equipment and installation was on top of that, but concidering you can probably get a grant from the government it wouldn't be that expensive. What I'm planning on doing ,is go to an enviroment fair thats on in a couple of weeks just down the road from me, there's going to be an alternative heating company there, ask them a bit more, then see if they will come out to assess my house to see if it's feasable and how much it will cost, this company will also help with applying for the grant and they are pretty local to us.

Try this one NRG very useful site, don't write off the heat pumps because of the cost, remember those grants are up for grabs :biggrin: , concidering our oil bill for last year was over a grand, it won't take too many years for it to have paid for itself, electric bill will go up a bit but we're only using about 30 odd squid in electric a month so hopefully it will still save us money.

Shortly, well 3/4 months time our house will be heated by a wood fueled boiler and solar, and nothing else, which feed into the same tank. I will get back to you after the w/e about how we propose to do this, if of interest? :flowers:

Yes please!

We are looking to replace our old gas back boiler, and I am tentatively trying to push OH towards a wood pellet burner (I am pretty sure we will go with solar as well either way). I think OH could be convinced, if I could just convince myself. Once of the things I really worry about is whether it would put people off if we wanted to sell in the future. But then, lower bills might attract others. I don't know either way really, but it just seems like the right thing to do.

So please sell the idea to me and stop me dithering!

• 2 weeks later...