UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Any Legal Peeps About Please

doggy.lover

to strike or not to strike  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After getting fecked off at the lack of support from my last union I decided to join a new one at work. I sent in my joining form last thursday but don't know how long it takes to process.

My legal question is..........I have found out yesterday that my new union are carrying out a week long spate of 2hr strikes this week, am I legally covered to strike if I have not received a membership number or anything, am I really a union member until they take my first payment?

I don't particularly like strikes as I don't believe they achieve anything in the long run but as a union member I accept that if we democratically elect to strike then I must stand by my colleagues.

What I don't want to do is strike and then find out I'm not legally covered because they haven't processed my form yet.

So...opinions gratefully received

Edited by doggy.lover

It's GMB ... have left a message with the branch office and am waiting a reply as they are also striking later this week

Although I'm with Unite I know the GMB Regional Officer in Runcorn - If I can help let me know :)

Your Branch Secretary should be able to help.

Edited by kats n greys