UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Concussion

one.eyed.dog

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone on the Refuge who could go and see this young lady? Or even take her to the hospital, and look after her dog?

Just thinking out loud!

Please go to the hospital. I had my horse land on me, whilst riding at walk, he fell over his own feet and I landed sideways. Even though I was wearing a brand new hat for my BHSAI exam, I was out cold for several hours. I don't remember the ambulance ride, and I don't remember being x-rayed or anything.

On the same occasion, I was mishandled by the local ambulance crew, and years later, I found out I had actually fractured my spine (compression fracture, or crush fracture). I think it is a good job I had a bang on the head, at least I probably was still for a while, instead of just getting back on the horse.

My hubby quite often blames the bang on the head (jokingly) for anything silly he thinks I have done!

Seriously please go to the hospital.

My advice would be to go to the hospital sooner rather than later.

Like you have said, if its concussion they probably send you home for rest.But let the professionals check you out.

Go now, or the fugees will nag you into submission!

Its Monday evening, its going to be quiet in A&E.

So, get yourself to hozzie now!

Just to let you all know that Ellie has ask me to give her a lift to A & E early tomorrow (Tuesday) morning so she will definitely be getting checked over. I have seen her each day since Friday and although she is certainly under the weather, I honestly don't think there is anything serious wrong with her. Having said that I do agree with you all that it is better to be safe than sorry and I have done my best to encourage her to go to A & E.

I am sure Ellie will post tomorrow after she gets back from hospital.

Ellie went to hospital this morning and after various tests and xrays they have found that she has swelling of the brain (sounds really bad but apparently it is normal after a bang to the head). They have perscribed some pills and hopefully she will be home later today.

They have told her plenty of rest and no driving, reading, tv or computers for the next few days and hopefully she should be back to her normal self soon.