UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

End Of An Era - Clearing Out Our Caravan.

Kathyw

Thank you everyone.

The journey down was so different from evewy other time, even when we had just lost one of our babies, we always felt optimism on the journey down there - this time I was just so upset.

We got there and the caravan was a tad dirty on the outside and very dusty inside. Ray had to sort out the water as the pipes had disconnected. Instead of it taking a few minutes because he is weak now - it took 30 mins and then the intervention of a friend Brian.

There was so much stuff there, far more than I thought. Lovely large bean bag bed that smelt a bit damp but we bought it back and it's already in the wash.

Brian and his wife gave us tea and sandwiches and we chatted about old times. The site has changed - just as neat and well kept but a bit snobby now. Keeping up with the jones type people.

We are going to go again as it was not possible to clear it out in the time we had as I wanted to take the dogs to Dymchurch so we are going back one day next week (Ray's health permitting) to finish the clearout.

It is such a shame that so much stuff has to be dumped that would do well at a boot fair.

There is a portable washing machine for starters. Lots of ornaments etc.

Anyway took doglets to Dymchurch and Elsa and CB just ran everywhere, in and out of the pools and along the shoreline. 30 mins of that wore them both out and they slept the whole way home.

Brian is going to wash the outside down and when we have cleared it completely, Vi will clean the inside for us. Of all the things we will mis, it's the friendship of those two wonderful people we will miss the most. Salt of the earth is the description that fits them best and better friends you couldn't wish for.

Blueboy is buried at the back by a hedge. We used to plant busy lizzies there every year but because we haven't been there it has grasssed over and so no sign of what is there is visable. That means the position and the fact that it is just like the rest of the area, means hopefully that Blueboy will never be disturbed.