UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Vet Aquadent

Natalie34

Hi

Have any of you heard or bought Vet Aquadent ??

Its new on the market and I was told about it by my friend who is a vet nurse

Lady now has it every day, since her dental work am keen to keep her teeth good and her breath fresh.

The label reads:

Aquadent is a refreshign and palatable solution, containing chlorhexidine and xylitol to help to fight your pet's bad breath. Chlorhexidine is an effective, well-known anti-plaque agent and xylitol limits dental plaque and tartar formation.... together they help to keep teeth clean and fight bad breath. Simply add to your pet's drinking water.

As Lady is 7 now, she is not keen on me brushing her teeth, so this Aquadent helps with her oral hygiene.

Just thought I would share this info with you :)

Mmm. I'm not sure I like the idea of this. One of my mum's dogs recently had a dental and the vet nurses were trying to persuade mum to buy some of this stuff. Like me, mum was concerned about adding chemicals to her dogs' water (I know there are already chemicals in there that we all drink anyway, lol) but giving dogs a dosage of chemicals each time they drink just doesn't sit well with me.

There are human mouthwashes that contain the same ingredients that say 'do not swallow' on them, so I wouldn't want my dogs to be swallowing them.

Each to their own, but I'd rather give them regular pigs ears, or brush their teeth occasionally, to keep them clean.

Hi

Thanks for your note, now you have worried me :(

Maybe wrong of me, but I kinda thought if a veterinary practice are selling it surely its 'safe' ??

I have today bought toothpaste and a toothbrush in the hope that we gentle encouragement Lady will allow me to reach her back teeth. We'll see.

Unfortunately Lady won't eat pig ears or chew bones and I even tried that Fish4Dogs so was looking at otherways to help her teeth.

Sorry, Natalie. I didn't mean to worry you. I'm perhaps being over-cautious. I'm sure it must have been tested in some way to make sure it's safe.

I'm always wary of my vets though because they'll try to sell you anything if it means they make some extra money. :(

That probably didn't help, did it. :unsure: