UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Webley, Poppit Sands, Cardigan

buddyboy

Asked the estate agents to recommend a dog friendly B&B while I was househunting and they suggested trying here...... Dogs not allowed in the main hotel or caravans but are allowed in one apartment.

Well - look at the link and those are the views from the sitting room (large futon sofa thingy, plus normal sofa) and bedroom (?king size - not as squashed when Jed and Lucy joined me as I am in my double, plus a single). Can be booked as self catering or B&B - and tons better than a normal B&B as you can leave the dogs in a decent sized flat rather than having to shut them in one room. Food very good, and did notice someone with a dog in the bar.

Literally just across the road from the estuary, and if the tide is in only have to walk about 5 mins down the road to get to a footpath which takes you into the dunes and then miles of sandy beach. Jed recommends ignoring the gulls but chasing the chuffs instead as they play with him by flying just ahead and letting him catch up before taking off again.

http://www.webleyhotel.com/

The Webley is in a beautiful location which is great for dogs - but check tides and keep water-loving dogs well away from the estuary mouth as there are some nasty currents.

There is a lovely riverside walk which goes inland along the river from Cardigan to Llechryd, or you can head south west along the coastal path and then return to the Webley via lanes and tracks.