UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Boarding Kennels - Do They Exist?

lil_me

I've been looking for possible emergency kennels for my 2, it's something I don't want to have to do but must plan just incase. I now have several I would not use. I now also have several 'pet sitters' I would not use after meeting them/watching them work. Family members we have tried but they have let us down so want somewhere I can rely on if needed that's actually going to look after my pooches.

Just wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere good?

I live near Chester Le Street so Durham, Chester Le Street, Sunderland, possibly even as far as Newcastle are possible to travel to.

They MUST have heated kennels as one of mine is a rescue oldie (nearly 11) and I don't want her being cold.

I have asked people I know with pets but they use the services of family/friends if they need to so that wasn't much use.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Hi I have never used any boarding kennels but I have heard that Triple A at Washington was supposed to be good. :) They used to have TVs in the kennels if you wanted.

Feline Advisory Bureau have a list of recommended catteries, is there a similar list for kennels?

I live in Chester-le-Street and i use a kennel at Consett the lady who runs it is very good eg when i was away last year she text me every day to let me know how one of my dogs was getting on as she was fretting for me she hand fed her chicken breasts that a friend took up and gave her alot of special attention. The dogs arnt walked but are put outside in a compound to play so atleast they can run and play if they are going in with brothers and sisters they get to play with them the reason i like this was 2 short walks per day just isnt enought for 2 springers and a staffy! just let me know if you would like the number and i will pm it :)

Edited to say not sure if kennels are heated as i only put mine in july/sept time

Edited by maggie110th

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the people I know use Home From Home in Heddon on The Wall, and I would use them if I were to kennel my lot. They are good clients of ours so I know and am reassured that they are "nice" people who always bring pets to the vets when and as required. And all my friend's dogs come home happy & healthy. They have recently renovated heated kennels and a taxi service if required.

East Heddon, Allerburn Farm,

Heddon-on-the-Wall,

Newcastle Upon Tyne,

Tyne and Wear

NE15 0HB

Tel: 01661 825208

Another you could check out is the Hadrian in Matfen as they also have heated kennels.

Edited by emma_pen