UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

@ Alison

nouggatti

Phew! Hardly dared look here in case it was something related to the devil's own beverage :laugh:

Click on my sig.

At the top right hand side of the page that comes up it should say "Find Out More". If you click on that it should come up with FAQs and info.

I checked it out thoroughly before I decided to a) join and b) make it my signature and am confident that it isn't a scam. I actually had a legal bod pal look it over for me just in case I was being naive.

It looks like pyramid selling and certainly works that way (i.e. one benefits in terms of commission from own purchases and purchases of those you introduce) but no investment or joining fee are involved. I'm not very good at explaining these things but am happy to forward you the e-mail I received from legal friend if you like.

I've introduced 2 friends who've joined via this link, i.e. mine. I've spent nothing on the internet at all since I joined, let alone through this site yet have earned £9.60 commission. I'm going to donate anything I earn to the rescue organisation I volunteer for but each to his own and there's nothing to stop you keeping it for yourself if that's what you choose to do.

ei42 hasn't announced itself publicly yet but will be doing so soon. This came to me as an insider tip :ph34r_anim: and I joined 1 level down from the "top of the tree" which will presumably maximise any introduction possibilities and thus income.

did you earn commission from the people who joined from your link shopping themselves ?

Dogstar like a number of small non profit organisations is finding that commission shopping is a fab way to raise cash with out costing the supporter any money , I am not sure if this scheme would work for us as we are all ready asking people to shop via easyfundrasing but I will watch with interest anyway

Click on my sig.

I've introduced 2 friends who've joined via this link, i.e. mine. I've spent nothing on the internet at all since I joined, let alone through this site yet have earned £9.60 commission.

That's interesting. So, if one were to click the link on your signature, Alison, and then either sign-up or buy something from one of the stores advertised there, you would be paid commission on any purchases made which qualified for commission payments, in very much the same way that if one buys from VetUk through the Beastly Beasts' link (which I do), then they get commission on those purchases made? I'm afraid I'm as useless at understanding the pyramid selling thing as you are at coping with the maths relating to your finances, so not sure if I've got that right

did you earn commission from the people who joined from your link shopping themselves ?

Dogstar like a number of small non profit organisations is finding that commission shopping is a fab way to raise cash with out costing the supporter any money , I am not sure if this scheme would work for us as we are all ready asking people to shop via easyfundrasing but I will watch with interest anyway

Same with SWT.

Yes, I earned commission from the people who joined via my link but they aren't losing anything by it if that makes sense. You're not taking a cut as it were, reducing anyone else's commission. I thought long and hard about this and wouldn't do it if I thought I might be "using" people.

It works in very much the same way as the Dogstar and SWT commission shopping. I joined here simply because the rescue I want to give money to doesn't have such a scheme. I also like the fact that as the money comes directly to me, I can disburse it amongst various charities if I want to e.g. Bod's Fund for the collar and lead set that Laura Elricc made for Sol.

That's interesting. So, if one were to click the link on your signature, Alison, and then either sign-up or buy something from one of the stores advertised there, you would be paid commission on any purchases made which qualified for commission payments, in very much the same way that if one buys from VetUk through the Beastly Beasts' link (which I do), then they get commission on those purchases made? I'm afraid I'm as useless at understanding the pyramid selling thing as you are at coping with the maths relating to your finances, so not sure if I've got that right

You have to register, join or whatever in order to buy. You then get your own "shop front". That's the link via which you introduce others. Mine is Money Expert but I could just have easily called it Sirius's Emporium, Alison's Shop or even Dogstar Foundation for that matter.

You'd get paid commission if you bought anything through "your" shop. Nobody else can buy through your shop though, they have to join via yours hence the pyramid structure.

Once someone has joined via your shop, you earn commission on any purchase they make and the commission (to you) increases the further down the line they are.

One of those who joined through me bought a holiday and earned £23.00 commission. As she was on my "first level", I received 1% of that - a whopping 23p :rolleyes: Had she been introduced by a friend of a friend of a friend etc. and been on my 7th level, I'd have earned £23.00. That's where the pyramid bit comes in. You're effectively recruiting customers for this company who are in turn getting a kick back from their affiliates or whatever they call them - Amazon, Debenhams, eBay etc.

The more people you introduce - and more to the point the more people that they each introduce - the higher the reward (provided that those people do some of their online spending through ei42). The company's client base grows and they're paying diddly squat for advertising because you're doing that for them. The likes of Argos are paying what they presumably regard as a bargain price to ei42 for the extra sales they make and ei42 members are getting a cut of those revenues.

The FAQ pages explain all this far better than I can - I fear I may have just made already muddy waters a great deal muddier indeed! Sorry :blush02:

p.s. Chrissie - your understanding of pyramid selling couldn't possibly be as poor as my inability to cope with the maths relating to my finances! :blush02: :blush02:

One of those who joined through me bought a holiday and earned £23.00 commission. As she was on my "first level", I received 1% of that - a whopping 23p :rolleyes: Had she been introduced by a friend of a friend of a friend etc. and been on my 7th level, I'd have earned £23.00.

Edited to correct the figure of £23.00 that I stated as the commission I'd have earned. It would actually have been £16.10.

Sorry :flowers: