UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Have A New Car

bobs mum

i got a new car on thursday night, OH picked it up while i was at work, the only problem is i dont know if i like it or not

since i passed m test last october ive been drivibg a automatic 3 door corsa, my new one is a 5 door renault megane but its MANUAL.

i went out in it friday and stalled it about 10 times just going round the block :laugh: as i forgot to change gear and use the clutch :rolleyes: but the clutch and the brake seem really high compared to the accelorater(sp?) and you only have to slightly touch the brake and you go through the windscreen :laugh:

i just dont know if im gonna get used to it or not

Did you pass your test in a mnual? If so, I'm sure practice will make perfect. It is funny what you get used to though, when I first got my car I sat for ages one day trying to get reverse. It was push down and right and not up and left as in the old car :wacko: I've also done the brake thingy too! :rolleyes: good luck :flowers:

Did you pass your test in a mnual? If so, I'm sure practice will make perfect. It is funny what you get used to though, when I first got my car I sat for ages one day trying to get reverse. It was push down and right and not up and left as in the old car :wacko: I've also done the brake thingy too! :rolleyes: good luck :flowers:

i did pass in a manual but ive got so use to the auto plus OHs car is auto as well as he has trouble with his legs.

the reverse on the megane is lift up and left whereas my driving instructors was push down. it was a bit embarrasing though stalling it in the middle of the road when i was turning right :laugh:

You will get used to it, just try not to switch between your cars too often till you're back in manual car mode :rolleyes: The brake and clutch are always higher than the accelerator :unsure:

I hired a megane once and found the brakes the same, thank doG for seat belts :laugh:

You'll end up loving your new car :)

My step mum learnt to drive in a manual then drove auto for years and now can't drive manual at all, she had a refresher lesson a couple of years ago because they had a curtesy car that was manual and the guy said "forget it stick to auto's" she was so bad :rolleyes:

I'd say persevere with it, it might take a bit of time to get back into the swing of it but if you only passed your test last Oct it shouldn't take to long :)

We had an auto 3 years ago and then went back to manual and H says it only took him a day or two to get used to it, granted he has been driving 15yrs though :flowers: