UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How To Do Fostering!

snoopy

I would love to foster, but only pups. Would this be any help or am I being too fussy. Can I have some advice please. I'm based in the Midlands. I have 3 children, at home all day, large enclosed garden and can give 2+hrs excercise a day!

No it's good for rescues to know exactly what you can offer. Pups don't need 2 hours exercise though. They need gentle walks and not too much running about as this can have a bad affect on their joints. If you deal with a reputable rescue I'm sure they'll give you lots of good advice. Might be worth you posting this in volunteers section also. :flowers:

I would love to foster, but only pups. Would this be any help or am I being too fussy. Can I have some advice please. I'm based in the Midlands. I have 3 children, at home all day, large enclosed garden and can give 2+hrs excercise a day!

Defiantely get in touch with your local rescues. Usually someone from the rescue will visit you at home to discuss all aspects of fostering.

I am sure you will be welcomed with open arms....good luck :flowers: :flowers:

Make sure you do a bit of research on the rescue and hear things by good word of mouth. I really learnt the hard way when I started out didnt do any research just jumped in all guns blazing and gave a 100% to a rescue for a year of my life and I wont go into it but was really ill with my son and lady took pi** out of me.

Make sure the rescue homecheck you 1st. I said I would foster next thing no homecheck but 7 pups on my doorstep and had never fostered before. You need good back up from your rescue I still need help and support after a few years. Am sure if you say where you are therer may be some fugees from that area that could point you in the right direction. Rescues are crying out for good foster homes.

Can I ask why you want to foster pups as they are soooooooooooo hard work would pick an oldie any day of the week.

Keep us updated with pics when you get your 1st foster.