UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Breadmaker Problem

Kathyw

We love the Ciabatta bread mix bread but it only makes a small loaf. I had half with Chili last night and the other half with butter this afternoon.

So I did another loaf only this time I used the whole packet (usually use half) and double the amnount of water. Disaster.

The bread has risen and hit the lid of the breadmaker and then sort of collapsed in the middle.

Ray will still eat it but other than making two small loaves every time - how can I stop this happening please?

It also did this with parmesan bread mix - hit the roof and stuck to it so I halved the packet and water mix and it was fine.

I had loaves do this in the past and just used a tiny bit less water (say 300ml instead of 315). Might work? :unsure:

Thanks Claz I was hoping you would be on tonight as I remember you sayi g just chuck the mix in and that how easy it is.

Will try another packet when it's cooled a bit. We have 6 more in the cupboard - just love ciabatta.

Claz you know your bread missus.

I put a packet of cheese and onion bread in the machine this afternoon. It said 315mls warm water.

I put 300mls of warm water and the bread was a nice size without sticking to the lid. Thank you.

I just had two slices with butter and oh my it was delicious.

So in future I will do 300 as it's always 315 on the packets.

Cheers

Claz you know your bread missus.
:laugh: :laugh: D'you know, you're the first person to say that :laugh: :laugh:

I do a couple of loaves most weeks, so it's mostly a case of chucking extra stuff in, tweaking ingredients etc.

Tried a sweet fruit loaf yet? Add cinnamon (2 tablespoons full) and sultanas (mug full, preferably soaked in tea) and a few good spoons full of sugar and get ready for THE most perfect smell. Yum.

Yena don't give up. This is the fifthe breadmaker I have bought. the other four I took back as the bread was awful.

This is brilliant and also have the choice of just dough making.

I used to love to make my own bread many years ago but weakness in my wrists hasn't allowed for kneading by hand anymore. .