UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Coffee Maker?

nouggatti

I have a coffee machine here which is ok, it's a Mr Cappucino, but I find that the coffee is not strong enough for my lattes in the morning.

I'm considering getting a machine that does proper espresso type coffee that is good and strong.

Anyone any recommendations for a good value machine?

For "chain-it-down-powerful" espresso (in my case, no sleep til Brooklyn Melton Mowbray :D ) I use either one of these......

BIA3_facingleft_wbeans.jpg

.......or a Gaggia machine

gaggiaTitanium.jpg

(similar model shown - mine is a '50s vintage one, i.e. cronky. :rolleyes: Makes fabulously strong espresso though and looks rather stylish in a retro kinda way)

Gaggia really is the best espresso machine on the market IMHO.

Stove top vs. Gaggia? Same same in terms of result but the machine is more instant. The stove top percolator is more economical in running terms (much cheaper to buy too - roughly a tenner depending on size) and I have to say that Illy Lavazzo is, beyond a shadow of doubt, the best coffee to use.

illy_espresso.jpg

Qualita Rossa is cheaper and runs it a very close second.

m214bp.jpg

I received a present of a De Longhi espresso machine at Christmas, obviously something I don't need. I've not even opened the box but it looks like a decent model from the blurb. Happy to send it to you if you want to PM me your address. Better it finds a good home than gathering dust here. :flowers:

Edited to say free of charge and I'm happy to pay the postage.

Edited by Alison

I received a present of a De Longhi espresso machine at Christmas, obviously something I don't need. I've not even opened the box but it looks like a decent model from the blurb. Happy to send it to you if you want to PM me your address. Better it finds a good home than gathering dust here. :flowers:

Edited to say free of charge and I'm happy to pay the postage.

Not that I am in a position to buy a swanky espresso machine, but I've always wanted a Gaggia :rolleyes: And I'd definitely agree with LavAzza coffee - before I blew up my cheap espresso/cappuccino maker I always used LavAzza :biggrin:

Happy to send you either the De Longhi machine or a stove top espresso perc if you'd like either Wenders :flowers: It goes without saying that I'd include a tin of LavAzza too

Happy to send you either the De Longhi machine or a stove top espresso perc if you'd like either Wenders :flowers: It goes without saying that I'd include a tin of LavAzza too

Aww, you're very kind, but honestly, there's no need :flowers: I'm getting my coffee fix with an extra strong cafetiere and milk whizzed with my little electric frother :laugh: But thank you :flowers:

Alison thank you for your exceedingly generous offer :wub: that's extremely kind of you, but I'd never land anyone with postage charges to Ireland for such a machine :)

I'd love a gaggia, and will have one in the future, I've discovered that my little machine is not an espresso machine, hence my weak coffee

Have to agree on the LavAzza :)

I'm happy to pay the postage.
......... but I'd never land anyone with postage charges to Ireland for such a machine :)

........have to agree on the LavAzza :)

This will be winging its way to you mid next week Theresa, hope that's OK.

392901.jpg

Be prepared for the embarrassment of a huge articulated lorry turning up on your doorstep :blush02: A friend will deliver it F.O.C. for me (us) and that's the only way I could engineer it. Flipping Post Office and couriers wanted to charge £30 which'd hardly make it a bargain, would it?

Oh, and there should be enough LavAzza in there to kick you up the latte morning @rse for a couple of weeks too. :wink:

Looky here to see what's coming and let me know if you don't think it's suitable. I won't be remotely offended and will simply re-offer it here.

Chappy delivering is a very nice man called Tim - maybe you could invite him in for a coffee? :D If you're not going to be around, could you let me have any special instructions like: "leave in lady's back passage if no answer at door"? :unsure: :laugh: Alternatively, let me have either your work address or that of a neighbour who'd be prepared to accept delivery.

Alison, thank you very much, I'm a bit mortified ( and will have my revenge)

If poor Tim can make it to Newbridge, he's probably better off than my house, I'll pm you.

I'll be in work and all gussied up, so he might get a false impression and ask you if I really have pets, but the HGV will fit nicely considering the size of cranes that get through our area.

As I'll be in work, I'll not invite him in for a coffee (it's instant), but will thank him profusely.

Now as the start of the revenge,

Dear Fugees,

When Alison first made this offer, I suggested a donation to her favourite rescue, and to pay full postage on this machine.

Instead she has avoided nominating a rescue, and instead has found a "friend" who conveniently is travelling to Ireland to deliver the machine.

If any fugees would care to snitch on Alison and inform me as to her favourite rescues, or where she volunteers, I will gladly be sending them a donation to reciprocate for her kindness.

Feel free to post or to pm me.

Also for future reference as a fugee I will refrain from posting any genuine advice threads about any appliance that will fit in a HGV that travels internationally :) (just in case Alison has one in her cupboard) :laugh: :laugh:

If it's OK with Laura (Elricc), I think I can do you a deal Theresa. :wink:

She's made Sol one of her wonderful silk collar and lead sets and asked that I send £15 towards the care of a blind lurcher boy called Bod at Greyhound Gap.

How about you make that donation for us and I still send Bod what I was going to send anyway? :unsure:

Message rom Laura below:

Please pay £15 to greyhound gap and put a message on that it is in payment for a collar for Sol from me and for Bod's treatment.

Send your cheque to:

The Treasurer, Greyhound Gap

1 Thatched Cottage

Camp Road

Wimbledon Common

London

SW19 4UR

Would that be Ok with you? :unsure:

If it's OK with Laura (Elricc), I think I can do you a deal Theresa. :wink:

She's made Sol one of her wonderful silk collar and lead sets and asked that I send £15 towards the care of a blind lurcher boy called Bod at Greyhound Gap.

How about you make that donation for us and I still send Bod what I was going to send anyway? :unsure:

Message rom Laura below:

Would that be Ok with you? :unsure:

Ah Alison, you've cracked!!!!! :laugh:

That will work very well for me :)

I'll paypal this weekend, once I get in touch with GG. I'm very happy and will send a little more :)

Edited by nouggatti

I'm going to pay by cheque Theresa, but here's the Paypal info to save you contacting GG: :flowers:

Payments made by paypal should be sent to:

[email protected]

When you pay by paypal, Greyhound Gap is charged a fee for that service. We therefore kindly ask you to add a small amount to cover the cost of those fees. Paypal charges us as follows:

1.4% of the total amount paid + £0.20 GBP

For example, if you were sending £10, Gap would be charged as follows:

1.4% of £10 = 0.14p +20p = a fee of 34p. Gap therefore receives £9.66

Hopefully that will help you work out how much you need to add to cover the fees.

When sending money please clearly state your name, Gap Forum username and what you sending the money for. I'm having a few problems with Paypal in that I do not receive all the e-mail notifications. This means that I'm having to check Paypal daily, which is fine but I do not get the same information as I do in e-mails, such as the subject line which quite often tells me what the payment is for!

Could I therefore ask you to make sure you also put in the details of what the payment is for in the message box as well as the subject line when sending funds.

Alison xx

You're both very lovely people, little Bod possibly had other complications but tests have come back with good results. Once he's a bit more settled and has put on some weight he will be having his operation on his eyes and hopefully will regain some sight. Bod came from the pound along with his little friend, Cookie (a little mongrel) who we also took in, he used to take his friend's tail in his mouth and Cookie would lead him around. They are now in seperate foster homes, Cookie is coming into his own without having to worry about his friend and Bod is also doing very well in his foster home where we want him to be as settled as possible prior to his operation, he will then recuperate in the same foster home.

Thank you so much ladies.

Theresa, the coffee machine has left the building.

Tim is getting on the boat this evening and will ring you in the morning (told him not too early! :wink: ). You can arrange things to your mutual convenience and will hopefully be back in strong coffee country by this time tomorrow. :cool: