UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Problems With Aol?

Mrs B

I've been spending pennies.

And bought a laptop. :unsure:

As some of you will know, I am only just getting to grips with a mobile 'phone that doesn't require a rucksac to transport it in, so a laptop is a serious technological step.

Now then.

I've (well, let's be honest here, Mr B has) been trying to load AOL onto my laptop - which is what I have on my home PC. But it keeps coming up eventually with a "Can't load" message. And yes, we have plugged the modems in and stuff.

So I've "rung" the AOL techy line.

Which reports that they are having "problems with websites" which they expect to fix in 24 hours (that was yesterday, today they've given up saying how long it will take) and there's a 30 minute queue to speak to a human being.

My question at the end of that is, does anyone know if there are AOL problems generally (given that I'm using it at the moment, and the only issue I'm having is getting onto Hotmail via anything other than Messenger) or am I likely to be missing (sorry Mr B missing) something really obvious in the plugging in and loading AOL stuff.

I sit here hopefully .....................

My question at the end of that is, does anyone know if there are AOL problems generally (given that I'm using it at the moment, and the only issue I'm having is getting onto Hotmail via anything other than Messenger) or am I likely to be missing (sorry Mr B missing) something really obvious in the plugging in and loading AOL stuff.

I sit here hopefully .....................

AOL is usually good we have never had any major problems but yesterday it was horrendous. Their techy support are good and you can usually get through quite quickly but a lot of their site was down yesterday hence the high call volume (I was also in the queue). Try again today if everything is sorted.