UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Insurance

rainedrop

I insured Sweetie with M&S when she came to us as at the time it was the only one that would take dogs of her age (our vet aged her at about 10 so I went with that). However they have sinced changed underwriter from AXA to another one, but AXA now offers it's own pet insurance policy, so worth looking into that?

Petplan has a very good rep - two of mine are insured with them - but I'm not sure what is the maximum age they will take a dog on from. They're the most expensive I think but do offer a comprehensive policy.

:flowers:

Thanks for the info. I have been looking around and am shocked at the amount that do not insure dogs over 8 and also the amount that limit the treatment to a year. I had an epeleptic dog some years ago that I fostered and I would never have been able to afford his vet bills had the charity not paid them. I thought that a condition would be paid for for life if it started after the insurance was taken out. Does anyone think it is better to have some sort of saving account that you pay into monthly instead of insurance so you can use it on all vet bills and anything else that may crop up? I am not so sure about insurance now I have read what you get/dont get for your money.......