UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Entering Your First Agility Show.........

Tempest

I'm hoping to start Jess on competing properly at agility this year (yikes!!!)

She's absolutely fab but I'm still completely rubbish and turn left when I should turn right and she usually ends up correcting me rather than the other way around (much to our trainer's amusement lol)

I'm hoping to make All About Dogs in Brentwood this May our first proper event but I'm not sure how to register and the like and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction :rolleyes:

She's registered on the Activity Register and I still need to get her measured but I've got a contact number for that so I think we're good to go as they say :laugh:

I would ask our trainer but I've had an minor op so we've got a couple of weeks off from training until I'm up to running again and thought it would be good to sort out when I'm twiddling my thumbs!

Hi Jules,

I think the agility competition at AAD is now run under UKA rules, therefore you will need to register with them at UKAgility if you want to compete there.

For KC shows, this page on the KC website should provide you with all the info, forms and links you need.

Take a look at Agilitynet and Agility Addicts as well, and you can get to the agility forum from both of those sites too.

HTH xx

Just enter her in a few shows and see how it goes. Maybe hook up with somebody when at the show who helps with walking the course and all the little bits.

I often go in the wrong direction, my dogs deserves a better handler :wink:

Good luck and have fun!