UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spybot Warning Message

safneo

I have spybot and adware which I run regularly, but I keep getting a message when surfing advertising sites.

One is relating to 'DoubleClick' and the other 'Avenue A Inc'. I have tried running both spybot and adware but it doesnt seem to have gotten rid of whatever has infected my pc. I cannot open any pages with ads on with out the damn message warning me about these two things, :rolleyes: I did google 'DoubleClick' which seems to relate to advertising and followed instructions on how to 'disable' it but the message STILL KEEPS COMING UP!! Aaargh! :suicide_anim: Can anyone help please?

But how come I have only just got them (well recently) and why do I keep getting spybot message on each refresh/new page that I open? I have just taken 15 minutes to buy a product on Ebay that I knew the exact details of. Therefore little searching. Also when opening my homepage (yahoo) I get the message. Its driving me insane!

you have clicked on a site that has allowed them to track your computer. You can google them and find ways to remove them if you are fairly PC savvy, but TBH they really aren`t worth worrying about. I assume you already have anti-virus soft-ware? This will take care of the real nasties. If you haven`t you can get free anti-virus software from AVG (click on the free / trial version to download)

I get the messages about Double Click and agree it is annoying especially when you are on E-bay and they appear several times when changing a page. When I remember, I will ask my brother in law as he sorted my PC problems the last time and installed some stuff on which may relate to these messages. :wacko:

Managed to sort this last night (just before the PC went out of the window). It was the damned update on Virgin broadband, changed our firewall settings! :rolleyes:

Menage a trois. We did go and get a link from the DoubleClick site but it didnt work :(