UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Staffie Harness That Won't Rub

Brierley

This maybe in the wrong place so Mods, please feel free to move if required.

My Son has a year old Staffie who has sensitive skin. A normal collar tends to rub and make her neck sore so she has been on a harness since she was a pup. However, her 'armpits' are now getting very sensitive to the point where a reasonable walk yesterday caused her to come home very sore.

Although I've worked with many Staffies and seen sensitive skin in quite a few of them, never to this degree so I'm a little at a loss as to which type of harness might be more suitable.

All suggestions welcomed.

Chris

This maybe in the wrong place so Mods, please feel free to move if required.

My Son has a year old Staffie who has sensitive skin. A normal collar tends to rub and make her neck sore so she has been on a harness since she was a pup. However, her 'armpits' are now getting very sensitive to the point where a reasonable walk yesterday caused her to come home very sore.

Although I've worked with many Staffies and seen sensitive skin in quite a few of them, never to this degree so I'm a little at a loss as to which type of harness might be more suitable.

All suggestions welcomed.

Chris

Hiya,

A trail harness but with adjustable underneath strap instead of the usual fixed one should do the trick, as the adjustable strap can be lengthened to ensure the main body strap goes nowhere near the armpits, [ though correctly fitted they should`nt be near them anyway, but adjustable understrap gives more leeway ], and maybe adding some soft fake fur / fluffy fleece on the inside of all the straps would make the whole harness more comfy ?

Guest Mattie Brown

Chris,

The harnesses I use will do a Staffy, you saw them when I came down, there isn't a strap near the elbows, and they fitted all my dogs and have never rubbed any, including Dixie and Tommy, I didn't even take them off when they were running round, have a look at this harness http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3368&hl= See how much clearence there is, that is the TRPD Trail Harness that I have, with an extra strap at the back. You can get it in several different types of webbing including comfort webbing.

Hello! WE have similar problems with charlie our staffie and use a lupine harness.

It doesn't go anywhere near her armpits. IT has a bit that goes around the neck and round the belly with 2 straps connecting the 2 together (don't think that makes much sense!) but look here

http://www.collarways.co.uk/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?&pg=store

tn-60308D.jpg02-18toes2.jpg

1220112.jpg

Edited by alexis

• 3 weeks later...
Hello! WE have similar problems with charlie our staffie and use a lupine harness.

It doesn't go anywhere near her armpits. IT has a bit that goes around the neck and round the belly with 2 straps connecting the 2 together (don't think that makes much sense!) but look here

http://www.collarways.co.uk/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?&pg=store

tn-60308D.jpg02-18toes2.jpg

1220112.jpg

Yep mine have these

DSCF0596.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg