UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My August Brag

Dizzycharm

Where do I start.....

Gem who is now 9 has always had a problem with contacts - as in, they kind of get in the way . She is mum's dog, but she had her hips replaced, so I took over training until she could run again. We didn't let Gem do any agility classes last year, just jumping which she loves. At training we set to work on the contacts, especially over the winter months.

She has now done 5 agility classes this year, 4 of which have been clear, the other an E but got all contacts. I am so pleased with her. To top it off - she had about 66 points at Novice level at UKA in the jumping, but obviously no agility points. At the last 2 UKA shows (last one at Cornwall this weekend just gone), she has got a 3rd and 1st in agility, and is now Senior. Wot a little star.

Next to Dizzy. She shot to Senior within 2 UKA shows when it first started. The last 2 years she has had injuries, keeping her out of agility for most of the season. Well she's been fit and well this year, and at the weekend she got the games points we needed to become Champion. Am a bit scared now that I have to play with the big boys and girls. Really should start trying to train waits , but maybe 7 is too old to bother.

Anyway, they are absolute stars and have worked so well this year .