UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Summer Champs

Anniegirl

Had a great time at daventry despite the rain! It was great to meet you anniegirl. I really enjoyed meeting more of the northern teams, you all seem to have a great atmosphere going that seems to be lacking from some of the competitions down south. Really pleased with out third too given that our start dog had been lame with a muscle injury for 2 months beforehand.

We were really pleased with your third too as it gave us the win in the division :biggrin: :biggrin: It was great to meet you too and to say hello to Janine, we will always be grateful to you both for the help you gave when Pumps was ill.

The atmosphere was excellent, the racing in the rain was done with great humour and division one was really excellent with us all trying to work out who had to win what race to win. We were quite happy with our fifth place in div 1 as we knew without Poppy we would struggle but very pleased that the Live Wires won as we race them week in, week out and enjoy great banter in the ring.

I just love watching the racing in div 1 as the dogs turns so well on the box, i was very intrigued to see your new box, does it make much of a difference?

Pumpkin is lovely and looks very well, i think i saw you doing some training with her and it looks like shes going to be very good. It was great racing you, even if we did happen to be your only opponents that you did 18.31 with!!!

I'm glad you won the division, it was nice for us to actually be racing and having people cheering us on (even if it was because it meant you won!!) :laughingsmiley:

I know what you mean about the live wires winning div 1, it was nice to see a northern team winning for a change.

I just love watching the racing in div 1 as the dogs turns so well on the box, i was very intrigued to see your new box, does it make much of a difference?

I'm glad you won the division, it was nice for us to actually be racing and having people cheering us on (even if it was because it meant you won!!) :laughingsmiley:

I know what you mean about the live wires winning div 1, it was nice to see a northern team winning for a change.

Our new box seems to be making a difference with our three regular first team dogs. They all have good turns and the box improves that, but we tried another dog on it the previous week and she couldn't handle it at all. Marble who replaced Poppy at the weekend does not have a very good turn on the normal box but our new one really suited her. As we have bought it for the photography business we are only letting the first team use it but I think our team captain is planning on ordering one herself and I think a couple of other teams are now very interested in it aswell. We really should have worked out a commission deal with the guy from the US we bought it from.

We were very pleased to cheer you on, we were trying to be impartial but it didn't work :biggrin: :biggrin:

Forgot to add, where do the marnicks find all of your fast dogs, you have so many!

Margaret our team captain has loads of dogs many of them rescues who she takes on to rehome but if they are good at flyball they don't tend to go anywhere :rolleyes: Both Alfie (the lead dog in our first team who John runs) and Jazz the cracking JR who raced against you were minutes from being put to sleep both for being bad with kids before Mags gave them a home and a great flyball career. Alfie had just one training session then went straight into our first team. Don't worry not all of our teams are fast, you need to see my team the 'Ifits' race with a staffy cross, a very slow spaniel, Berts and any other dog that wants a run out, we are regularly seeded last in the lowest division, but we still have fun :biggrin: