UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Any Volunteers For An Oldies Club Stall In Milton Keynes On 25-26 August?

ReikiAnge

The Oldies Club has been invited to attend a dog welfare event in Milton Keynes on the bank holiday weekend 25-26 August 2007.

It is taking place at Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, and is organised by The Parks Trust and Milton Keynes Council, to promote responsible dog ownership.

It sounds like a fantastic opportunity to try to raise awareness and funds for the Oldies Club, so we were wondering if any wonderful Fugees might be prepared to give up some of their time that weekend, to run a stall for us?

The event organisers don't supply the stalls themselves, just the space, so we would need at least one volunteer with a gazebo and tables (we tend to use pasting tables so if you have one or two of those at home ...).

If you would be able to do this for us and happen to have a gazebo and a table or two handy, that would be fantastic - please either post on here, or PM me :flowers: We would need someone able to arrive early to set up the stall each day and stay to the end to take the stall down, and we would ideally ask for at least two adults to cover the stall so that there's cover for loo breaks etc. and just so that you have some company and don't have to do it all alone!

If you can help at all, whether it be both days, or one day, or part of a day, please let us know - any offer of help is very much appreciated :flowers: "Stuff" such as OC leaflets, rehoming posters, merchandise etc. will be sent to whoever is running the stall for us, in advance. If you don't have gazebos/tables etc., but could offer your time, please still post as your help would still be appreciated if we can find someone with the equipment for the stall too.

Thanks - will keep my fingers crossed :)

Any questions, please ask.

Event opens at 11 each day and I reckon stall holders need to be there between 9.30-10 ( to get a space in the car park nearest the event )

Link to Map of area Willen Lake is just of Junction 14 of the M1 and a jolly nice place to visit , it even has a narrow gauge steam railway ( with trains you can sit on ) that runs around one side of the lake and Mark says if I am very good I can have time off the stall to have a go :biggrin:

I'm in MK and happy to help out, will check first with boss to make sure he's not planning anything for me work-wise that weekend. I may be able to ask a friend for the loan of their gazebo (how big does it have to be?). Will be able to confirm by Mon lunchtime if that's ok?

Rocky :biggrin:

I'm in MK and happy to help out, will check first with boss to make sure he's not planning anything for me work-wise that weekend. I may be able to ask a friend for the loan of their gazebo (how big does it have to be?). Will be able to confirm by Mon lunchtime if that's ok?

Hi Rocky :wavey:

Ours is a standard argos one and I think its 3M x 3M , its big enough to get our table under ( which is a pasting table covered with a sheet ) and a few chairs

Sam

Thanks Sam :flowers:

Rocky, I would say a 3x3 as Sam has mentioned, or smaller, would be ideal.

My gazebo was meant to be 280mm x 280mm but when it arrived was actually a bit smaller (240mm square I think) and I managed to get two pasting tables, at a right angle, under that, with a few chairs with no problem :flowers:

Thank you very much for considering helping the OC :flowers:

Right I can definately to Saturday - no problems. Sunday I can probably set-up, will have to go to work, then come back and dismantle.

I have a gazebo on order - the one same put the linky up for, I have one x pasting table and if the people don't collect the two folding tables from a conference we did I will be borrowing them too :closedeyes: and also have a double chair thingy thing.

If anyone needs to contact me, pm me and I will pm my number.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all.

Thank you very much indeed :biggrin: :flowers: Could you PM me your tel no and I will give you a call one evening this week if that's ok? And erm, do I ask for Rocky when I call? :unsure: :biggrin:

Thank you :flowers:

I did send you a pm yesterday evening/early this morning, if you didn't get it let me know and I'll re-send it. If you asked for Rocky when you call you will get my hubby!!! It's a surname thing :biggrin:

Rocky (or aka Gina :flowers: )