UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hello From Us All.

lil_me

Brief bit about us. I tried originally to join the site a while ago but didn't work. Mainly because after 7 years a dog we previously owned/looked after was found abandoned (she is now 10 years old) and came back to us via what can only be described as fate. She was found outside a vets surgery tied up, her microchip details were still registered to me but at a previous address (the next owner didn't change them for some reason), an RSPCA inspector went to the trouble of contacting the council, who gave them my sisters contact number who lives in the area (but hasn't been there long) and she in turn called me.

Anyway, Megan is back home with us now, after some crossed wires & she ended up in Nottingham (did a few hundred miles). She's getting on great, her energy for her age is amazing and loves nothing more than playing with a ball on the field.

I also have another dog called Luke who is a springer/lab cross. We did have another Holly but she's now with another Mum who needed some company after bereavment and is settling in fab, she has an open door here incase she needs to come back for any reason & I will see her a lot. Both rescues, Holly rescued at 12 weeks from an idiot with a rifle to her head and Luke saved from being PTS.

Oh I have 2 kids & a partner too :rolleyes: before I forget

Megan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/lil_me/DSC00261.jpg

Luke & Holly (Luke on left)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/lil_me/DSC00240.jpg

So there you go that is my lot, hope to pick up plenty of tips when it comes to oldies, I've been seeking info from anywhere and everywhere as we've never had a dog who is as old as Megan ourselves.

PS If the lady who took her to Nottingham from the rescue in Sunderland as her time was up is registered on here (hence wires crossed we said we'd come and get her when we got back on holiday and dates were mixed up) Thank you, for everything you did & getting her home again. I think her name was Abi/Alli or something the lady at the rescue said.

Edited by lil_me

Welcome to The Refuge. I remember reading about Megan - you said your partner had been looking after her for the police all that time ago if I remember rightly? Nice to see a picture of her looking happy at home again at last.

Thanks for the welcomes :) Yes she was looked after by us for the police force, she went from them to another owner but unsure what happened after that, much more of her story was posted on dogpages it was a strange time to say the least, also contacted the GSD rescue for advice, in fact anywhere I could. Official retirement now :flowers: Just hoping that her very good breeding will mean we will have less 'problems' with her, we were expecting her to last maybe a year but have had several people who work with dogs and the vet say we will probably get a few years with her at least :) Her favourite place so far is the beach, running around like a looney throwing rocks in the air (have to get out of the way sharpish if she throws one near you) and she loves being in the water.

Edited by lil_me

Thanks for the welcomes :) Yes she was looked after by us for the police force, she went from them to another owner but unsure what happened after that, much more of her story was posted on dogpages it was a strange time to say the least, also contacted the GSD rescue for advice, in fact anywhere I could. Official retirement now :flowers: Just hoping that her very good breeding will mean we will have less 'problems' with her, we were expecting her to last maybe a year but have had several people who work with dogs and the vet say we will probably get a few years with her at least :) Her favourite place so far is the beach, running around like a looney throwing rocks in the air (have to get out of the way sharpish if she throws one near you) and she loves being in the water.

Although I lost Jo to cancer last November, aged only about 10, Sheba, my Childhood Shepherd made 15 - not something that's especially rare - so if she's currently healthy & lively Megan could well be around a few years yet. Look forward to hearing how she gets on :flowers:

Edited by Ian