UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Ramps

Jazz

Do you use one? Have you used one?

Im looking on ebay for one for my girl as im changing my car and they are all higher than what ive got now.

A lot of people are selling them because the dogs wont use them. I dont want to pay out if they are a waste. Also, if you are selling one and are near harlow, please pm me :flowers:

Mine is by "PET GEAR" Google them and you'll find it..

I have a Land Rover Discovery and my ramp is longer and wider to allow for the height. It's takes up to 250lb's which was a good thing as I had to go up the ramp myself a few times to show Lucy how it was done. She was 6.5 stone, I am 7.5 stone so it took our combined weight easily. Took a couple of goes but, she soon got the hang of it.

It is well built and has a none slip surface.

Not cheap £80 but, you'll only have to buy it once. I have had unpteen offers to buy mine since I lost Lucy but, I'll need it again someday so am hanging on to it.

Edited by one.eyed.dog

I think mine was well worth getting. If your dog is not sure about going up it use another dog to show it how.

Just realized it was me that started the original thread. I got one of the hammocks to for the back seat as well as it was half price because I had bought the ramp.

Mine is not from Petstop. As I said it's made by Pet Gear, It does come up on Google.

Edited by one.eyed.dog

I had a PetStep II, Sully wouldn't walk on it. I spent months trying to train him (on the flat, gentle slope, etc, it came with instructions on training too) but he hated it. I gave it to my MiL for her boxer, and he wouldn't walk on it either. I don't know where it ended up after that.

Well worth getting, i have a dog with arthritis of the spine and another with severe hip dysplasia, since getting a new truck and a land rover discovery our telescopic dog ramp has been invaluable. they soon get used to using it if you persist. neither of mine would use it for the first few days but now they walk it on their own :biggrin:

Edited by doggy.lover