UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

"free To Good Home" Ad For A Poor Blind Oldie German Shepherd

Ian

Whilst searching for something yesterday I cam across a site advertising dogs both for "rescue" and sale. I say "rescue" because I've never heard of a "Pedigree Dog Rescue" with nothing more than a mobile no. nor any Welsh rescue who would wish to advertise their dogs with a landline but didn't give a name.

This one was not claiming to be anything other than a private home but I'm dismayed that this should happen to this poor dog.

"Sheba

Date of Birth : 23/05/1997

Colour : Black/Tan

Price : £Free to good home only

Good home urgently required for gorgeous GSD bitch approx 9/10 years old.

Has been blind for 3 1/2 years but copes extremely well and is very loving.

Reluctant parting due to relocation, must go to a good home, preferrably not with other pets/very young children.

Can you help?"

I have sent them various links in the hope they will at least know where to try to get her some more appropriate help.

Edited by Fee

:( How very sad.

Sometimes people are in genuinely desperate situations, though, and often aren't aware of rescue options or sources of help so they may be very grateful for your e-mail. I hope things work out well for this girl - please let us know if you hear anything back from them :flowers:

The owner emailed me this evening & says she will check out the links sent. New landlord has now apparently said they can take Sheba to their new home until she is rehomed so they can take more time to find her a good home & make sure she doesn't go into kennels.

At least that's a start - when you think how long poor Tricks waited I'd hate to think of this poor girl going into kennels.