UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Japanese Akita

EAD

On the way to the beach yesterday evening I saw an Akita running along the road by itself and what looked to be a short lead or chain hanging from its neck.

There was traffic behind me so I couldnt just slam on the brakes and by the time I got turned it had vanished.

I phoned the dog warden this afternoon to be told she had been looking for it this morning but couldnt find it. My friend just told me it ran across the road in front of his car this morning on his way to work.

Am I over-reacting in worrying that this dog is running loose? I did read they are sometimes not good with other dogs and im fretting that I might meet it when out with my lot :(

I think I'd be worried he's running lose but not necessarily for fear of him attacking you / your dogs - just because there's no knowing what could happen. There's a poor mastiff (I think in Newcastle area) just been shot by the police despite the owner & dog wardens being there & quite happy to go in & try & catch him.

Some Akitas can be unfriendly with other dogs - but so can many breeds - but others I've met have been quite friendly

I think I'd be worried he's running lose but not necessarily for fear of him attacking you / your dogs - just because there's no knowing what could happen. There's a poor mastiff (I think in Newcastle area) just been shot by the police despite the owner & dog wardens being there & quite happy to go in & try & catch him.

Some Akitas can be unfriendly with other dogs - but so can many breeds - but others I've met have been quite friendly

Yep Freya was shot by police through ignorance and it made me so.......... angry, how can we educate the public when the police need educating??

Sorry I didnt word that very well :rolleyes: yes I am also worried for the dog as I would hate to see it hit by a car or worse.

They are not a breed that are usually seen round here but I have noticed quite a few ads for pups for sale in P@H and Jollyes.