UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Tasha Being Sick

greytgirl

My old girl Tasha, had a treat last night...a bone :rolleyes: something she never gets, but we thought go on...and she is payng now, she was sick at 5am this orning and has been sick 4 times sick... :GroupHug: poor baby, she is so quiet..

What is best to feed her, or should I not for a while..she is NEVER sick, so Im not used to this believe it or not, after 9 years of having her.

Any advice would be good thanks :GroupHug:

I'd probably not feed her for the time being. Wait until this evening and if she's not been sick for a while give her something very bland - chicken and rice or a little tinned Chappie is good for dodgy stomachs.

If she carries on being sick through the day I'd consider getting her checked out, just in case she's got a bit of bone stuck or something, rather than just being upset by eating something different (very unlikely, though, chances are she'll be fine once she's emptied her stomach).

I wouldn't feed her for 24 hours and certainly not for a good while after the last sickness. It could be the bone was too rich for her, it could be a bug and coincidence. I'd just keep an eye today and think about food tomorrow. She does need to drink some water though. Same happened with Millie a while back, she was fine after a while.

Is she actually bringing anything up when she's sick? If she's not, it could be that a bit of bone has got stuck somewhere. I don't want to alarm you, but if she's retching without actually producing anything other than bile & froth, she may need to go to the vet's.

It was a lamb bone, it was cooked, she has been bringing bone up in her sick :GroupHug:

she seems ok now, not beeen sick for a couple of hours,,,,why, why, why did I give her a bone..Im a sucker for those brown eyes :unsure: :rolleyes: :GroupHug:

Edited by greytgirl

hmmm, I think there might be your problem , you shouldnt have cooked the bone, cuase when you cook it, it will splinter and will give your dog problems, you might want to ring your vets and ask for his advice :)

if you want to give Tasha bones,then give them raw even chicken can be fed,as long as its raw :)

hope she feels better soon,please keep us updated :GroupHug:

hmmm, I think there might be your problem , you shouldnt have cooked the bone, cuase when you cook it, it will splinter and will give your dog problems, you might want to ring your vets and ask for his advice :)

if you want to give Tasha bones,then give them raw even chicken can be fed,as long as its raw :)

hope she feels better soon,please keep us updated :GroupHug:

I know..Tasha NEVER has bone, we went to mother in laws, had a meal and then she had given her a bone, before I knew it, hubby had too :angry: but with all good intentions :GroupHug:

She seems fine now, bit quiet poor poppet, but will keep an eye on her..any more sick and straight to the vets..she is too old for this, feel TERRIBLE, I love her so much :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: :flowers: Thanks for asking, she is quiet and tired, only been sick once in the night, so its definitely easing off, there was still a tiny piece of bone in her sick, well to be graphic, more like water now :rolleyes: She is hsattered poor love, so a nice easy and quiet day today for her, and any more sick, she is at the vets..she is too old to take anymore :GroupHug: