UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Had A Scary Walk Tonight

cindere528

I'm feeling a bit :mecry: because we've had a really scary walk. Since it was so nice out, I decided to take the dogs to the local country park. We often go there, it's only about 3 miles away but I know that on a pleasant Sunday afternoon it can get quite busy so we didn't go until just after 6 by which time it's usually quietened down a bit. Anyway, I parked the car & got the dogs across the road into the park. Dillon did a poo & I picked it up & walked back to the nearest poo bin. I had seen a black labrador in the distance ahead of us & I thought that if I walked back to the poo bin he wouldn't see us & his owners would have him under control by the time we went in that direction. How wrong was I? I no sooner turned round from putting Dillon's deposit in the poo bin than we had black labrador threatening us at very close quarters. Now those who know me know that Dillon is NOT friendly towards other dogs. Dillon was snarling & trying to get at the lab, Nelly was squealing & nipping (but not making contact with the lab). I decided the best thing to do would be turn around & head for the car. It meant crossing a busy road & I figured that the lab's owners would come screaming up if they thought he was going to cross the road. Again, how wrong I was . We crossed the road with lab at the side of us, ears back, ready to retaliate to Dillon's snarling & Nelly's nipping. I was so scared. I really wanted the lab's owners to come & take him away. As we got to the car, I had to block the doorway so the lab didn't get in with my two. Nelly needs a helping hand to get in the car, so it was a tad tricky. Anyway, at that moment, lab saw another lab on the other side of the road, on a lead with a girl of about 14 or 15. "Our" lab decided it would be more fun to terrorise them, so off he went, young girl started running, lab followed, don't know what happened but it wasn't my problem, My problem was calming my 2 down. I drove off & we went to another park a few more miles away & managed to have a pleasant walk but I'm still shaking

I feel sad that someone has "lost" their dog this evening. They'd probably had a pleasant afternoon on the park & were about to head home, but now they'll be looking for their dog. He had no collar on, so even if someone catches him, they can't find his owners :mecry:

Oh no, how worrying. Hopefully someone will be in a position to catch him. If he had no collar on it sounds like he has gone AWOL. Hope he's microchipped in that case :unsure: .

Sorry you got caught up in the middle of it. Hope you're all feeling better now :GroupHug:

I understand how scared you must have been :flowers: Ceri & I recently had to walk across a ploughed field to keep well away from two dogs who'd escaped from their garden - the dread I felt of what might happen (we had nowhere to run to) if they saw us was unbelievable. Luckily they didn't.

I don't think I could have left not knowing if the girl was ok though. I hope she and both dogs are ok & I hope you and yours recover from your ordeal :GroupHug:

I don't think I could have left not knowing if the girl was ok though. I hope she and both dogs are ok & I hope you and yours recover from your ordeal :GroupHug:

I was in such a state of panic, I just wanted to get away, but I've kept thinking about the girl with her dog and about the lab who followed us. I do hope he was reunited with his owners.