UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone Know What Happened To Purdy Please?

Ian

Purdy the Dalmation from Poplar farm who was an urgent case with tumours in her lungs appears to have disappeared from The Oldies Club site sometime quite recently. I looked under rehomed & in loving memory but couldn't see her. I tried the search & nothing came up for her.

I then had a look at Poplar Farm but couldn't see anything to say that she'd either found a home or passed over on there either - last post with someone asking if she could be fostered seemed to be a couple of months ago.

I guess with Jo having gone to lung cancer this girls story had caught my interest so can anyone tell us the latest news on Purdy please?

Purdy is doing fine :) The lump on her side seems to be growing and she is starting to drop weight despite increased food but she is still happy and waggy tailed.

We decided that, given her condition and her probably limited life expectancy, it wasn't fair on her to uproot her again and move her on. It took several months for her to really settle properly here and become the happy girl she is now and she probably doesn't have long enough left to put her through that again. She is not, and never has been, in a kennel. She lives in the house with my own dogs and is currently curled up in an armchair waiting for her last walk.

I apologise for not updating the Oldies site, I just asked for her to be removed as we had decided not to rehome her. She has been moved onto our sponsor/long stay page on the website with an update explaining that she is staying here.

Thanks for caring about her :flowers:

Glad to hear she's still battling. If she's anything like Jo you'll know when her chest is bothering her - she started having intermittent spells of very shallow breathing. Xrays showed her to be riddled with lots of smaller cells rather than one large tumour. Hope Purdy will be with you for while yet.