UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Flyball Is So Much Fun!

Kimbas_mum

And Kimba loved it, I can see much fun and amusement on it's way, and apparently I will be doing my first competition at Easter, that shuold be fun!!!

If anyone is even slightly considering having a go, DO, the dogs really enjoy it and it is great fun for us handlers too.

Thanks a lot Gooster, I had a really good morning.

Katherine and Kimba

And Kimba loved it, I can see much fun and amusement on it's way, and apparently I will be doing my first competition at Easter, that shuold be fun!!!

If anyone is even slightly considering having a go, DO, the dogs really enjoy it and it is great fun for us handlers too.

Thanks a lot Gooster, I had a really good morning.

Katherine and Kimba

Glad you had a good time :biggrin: It was really nice to meet you and your dogs. Ron said to ask if Maddie has a toy that she absolutely loves. If you bring that along next week, we can get her fetching that on the runs - anything goes in a starter competition :biggrin:

Guest knm_lea

Congrats on your first training session!

I read in the other post that you were going, I wondered how you got on. Good luck at Easter - If you mean Selby, both my dogs usually run there for our teams. It's a lovely spot and a fabulous competition, you should have loads of fun! :)

Murphy started flyball for the first time on thursday too! He was a little star! By the end of the session he would run to the end of the lane fetch a ball and come back to me. I was so pleased. Mind you hes not the sharpest tool in the box and to start with he kept falling over the hurdles, looking at me as if to say " who left these there, well what a silly place to leave them!"

Kimba was managing to do the full run of jumps, collect the ball and run back down over the jumps too, really good and fast over the jumps, but is a bit worried about the box, well he is only little and it is a very big scary box (or so he thinks, he is actually a rather large doberman!!)

Gooster is right, it is made very hard for them to go wrong, and even if it does, on-one seems to mind, one of mine was having much fun running off round the field going to everyone except me!! everyone just laughed and we had another go!! It is great fun and I reckon your mob would love it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest knm_lea
No it's not at Selby - it's the Cheshire Set's own show at Ryecroft Farm. We don't enjoy the show at Selby...

I've only run at Selby once, and my dog had a great time, it was really good racing all day. Having said all that, last year it was quite ... unfriendly(? :( not sure if that's the right word) and we can't attend this year as most of the flyball dogs are training at Anglesey.

I've raced at Ryecroft too a few times -- unfortunately it always seems to rain, and Kim hates rain. :dry:

I've only run at Selby once, and my dog had a great time, it was really good racing all day. Having said all that, last year it was quite ... unfriendly(? :( not sure if that's the right word) and we can't attend this year as most of the flyball dogs are training at Anglesey.

I've raced at Ryecroft too a few times -- unfortunately it always seems to rain, and Kim hates rain. :dry:

You could say that. It's all a bit regimented and too many rules with the camping for our liking... Last year one of our members with a smaller tent ended up sharing her space with day parkers and all their gubbins :angry: (also have a bit of history with a member from that team whom I'd rather avoid :ph34r_anim: ) The flyball runs are always near the shooting too, which doesn't impress my big wuss of a dog :angry: