UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Joyce The German Shepherd With Sarcoptic Mange

Ian

A few people have contacted me over the last few months having seen her name mentioned in posts, asking about Joyce, who had been so appallingly neglected :angry:, :mecry: I therefore thought I'd post a link to some photos and video clips of her progress so far

Joyces progress

Edited by Ian

Most of her tail has filled in now yes and her skin is so much better than it was. The odd patches left on her tail are showing small hairs growing gradually. Likewise although it's taking time there's the odd hairs still sprouting on the balder parts of her body too so I'm still hopeful that one day she'll have her full coat again. She's such a lovely natured girl that she deserves to get back to her best. For me it was watching her run that first time which was the best progress though - she's so much more mobile than she once was.

There are of course differences, but her nature and cheek remind me so much of my dear Jo - the inspiration behind Joyces rescue. I think they'd have got on so well together, it's just such a shame that they never got to meet.

This is Jo (pictured in 2002), rescued 22.11.01 and sadly lost to lung cancer 21.11.06. Another lovely girl - Gone but not forgotten.

Jo.jpg

Edited by Ian