UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

37b.jpg 37c.jpg

37d.jpg

This is Molly. She is a greyhound x collie and just 9 months old. A very pretty girl, she has a blue eye and a brown eye - stunning!

Unfortunately, Molly was involved in an accident recently and suffered a fractured pelvis. This is healing well, but she will not be able to be rehomed until her fracture is healed - we are hoping she will get the all clear in early December. However she can be reserved before this time. Even with her injuries she is a very bouncy girl and loves to play with the other dogs in the household (even though she is not supposed to!).

She travels well in the car and is 100% cat friendly. She does get upset when left without human company but is learning to stay in a crate when she is left. For this reason, she will need a home where someone is around for a large part of the day.

Update:

Molly has now had her check x-ray which showed her fractures are healing, but as the breaks were severe and left untreated initially, healing will be a slow process. She is now allowed to go for lead walks and needs to build up the muscle again. She went to a local dog show last weekend where she won the class for the friendliest dog!

Molly is totally fantastic, she has a lovely character and once you have met her you will never be able to forget her!

Molly is an EGLR (Evesham Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue) dog and if you are intrested please call Pip Singleton on 01386 853971,Weekdays after 5pm, Weekends anytime. Or Linda Linda on 0121 2584510, Weekdays 6-10pm, Weekends if available

• 1 month later...

Hi. Molly here! I've decided to write my own story as my foster Mum is just too slow! I am now 14 months old and have been in my foster home with lots of other dogs since October. I wasn't allowed to run or play at first as my pelvis was badly broken, but since Christmas I have been allowed to do lots more and am now able to run faster than all my foster brothers and sisters! My favourite walk is when we go off to the beach, but my mum tells me off when I run off to say hello to the surfers! Although my foster family love me, apparently I've been here too long, and so need to get my own home. I need to be in a home with other dogs, and as I get upset when I'm left, my new family need to be around a lot of the time. I must admit, I do get very excited when meeting strangers and my mum tells me off when I jump up to kiss people.. For this reason, any children in my new home would have to be at least 10 years old, just in case I accidently knock them over! I like going out in the car, as this usually means we are going for a walk. If you think I could come to live with you, please give Pip or Linda a ring. Love and slobbery kisses, Molly.

37e.jpg 37f.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Last Update: 11th January 2008

Molly has been with us for over a year, and is now 2 years old. When she first came to rescue she was suffering from a broken pelvis which has now completely healed and she has been passed completely fit to be re-homed. The vet informs us that Molly will suffer no long-term problems with this injury and can live a completely full and (very) active life - thank goodness as trying to keep her calm and quiet would be impossible - she is a very bouncy Greyhound X Collie standing 27 inches to the shoulder.

Molly loves everybody and everything and has a natural exuberance that makes people smile! She runs everywhere at top speed and has boundless energy. She loves playing with her foster brothers and sisters and would run all day if she could. Molly would need to have other dogs in the home for her to play with as she just loves to have doggy playtime and so would benefit from a young doggy friend that will (try to) keep up with her.

Molly's recall is excellent and she will do almost anything for treats. She loves water and seems to attract mud like a magnet usually returning home after a walk a completely different colour! Her favourite walk is on the beach where she loves to chase the seagulls across the sand!

So, why is Molly still looking for a home? Well, Molly is hard work! She finds being left alone and any change to her regular routine very hard to cope with. Her behaviour becomes very destructive, she barks and cries and will soil inside her bed. Although she has been trained to go into a crate, the barking and soiling continue inside the crate. She has destroyed chairs, pulled wallpaper from walls and chewed tiles from a fireplace surround amongst other things. Turn your back on her for a few seconds, and she will have something else in her mouth!

After a long day of play and mischief, she is happy to sleep the night away in a dog bed in the bedroom - first dog to settle gets the softest bed! She sleeps through the night and is always the last to get up in the morning! We don’t think that Molly would be cat-friendly due to the fact that she would chase anything that ran for a game so no cats please.

Molly is happy to go out in the car as long as her doggy brothers and sisters are with her. She does get very excited as she knows that a trip out in the car normally means walkies.

So what sort of home is Molly looking for? She will need an active home, with someone around most of the time, and definitely the company of another dog. She loves children, but they would have to be big enough not to be knocked over during one of Molly's mad moments! Her new family will need to take into account her destructive tendencies when she is left and also have understanding or deaf neighbours! Because Molly can be insecure and gets distressed when out in new environments, we would like any prospective new owners to come and visit Molly several times to help get to know her, and learn to trust the new people in her life. Molly is being fostered in Cardiff so adopters must be willing to travel to her. Molly says ‘if someone is coming to visit me, doggy treats will really help me like you as I lovvvvvvvvvvve treats’. So that's Molly.- the most loving, cuddly, wonderful devil dog in the world!

37g.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well its coming up to 2 years that Molly has been with us. Recently she went to the fourpaws dog show and was brilliant, especially with young children. When Molly wants to be she can be perfect!

But the dog show highlighted that Molly's behavioural problems havent gone away. Any change in Molly's routine upsets her and her behaviour goes back to square one.

Im trying to find some new photos of Molly but here are some from the summer

n512748048_351698_8991.jpg

n512748048_351699_9289.jpg

n512748048_351705_1099.jpg

n512748048_351706_1404.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...