UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

George And Ty Things

bebe

Good to see you Bebe :flowers:

I think I just assumed you already had them on real food :rolleyes: good on you, better late than never (wish I could find a wink icon)

Some of them take a while with wings -

Cassie used to look at them, turn them over etc. I tried holding the 'thin' end and then she'd try to wrestle it off me, and eventually ate them, but it took months, and I mean months, of me p....ing around l;ike that, pretending to eat them, dunking them in liver powder, etc, etc...........

Millie I was about to give up with after months and was taking them all out their little poly bags to put in an oven dish and thaw and cook - for no particular reason other than to get her out from under my feet, I tossed one on the grass and the little b....... went and ate it! Tossed another, she ate that, she ended up having 5 frozen wings and would have had more if I'd let her! Gradually she sometimes now will eat them raw, but she really prefers them frozen, or at least not properly thawed.

A week is no time, give her time, plenty of it, she'll get there.

I don't have a freezer either to store meat, I just cram what I can in the little box in the top of the fridge and buy with my food in Tesco or wherever.

Great book bebe, is Give your dog a bone by Ian Billinghurst, try the library, that's where I got it. And here's some reading..

This by Nick Thompson, top holistic vet

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=9616

and...

http://www.barfworld.com/

:flowers: Hi Muriel

I did have them both on barf around 2 years ago, but Ty just never took to it, she wouldnt eat anything raw, and on the rare occassion she did, she was sick. So I took her off it and started feeding her Naturediet, then got lazy and gave George that too when I didnt have anything else here :rolleyes: and then sort of stayed on it.

Im amazed shes taken to it like she has now, and very happy, I never liked feeding commercial food really, now all I need to do is help her get over her "chicken wing issues" as Sam Squirrel calls it :biggrin: .

I did have Ian Billinghursts book, but lent it to a dog walker from the park, and then she moved, so I didnt get it back :rolleyes:

Ive been ready lots on the net though, Im trying not to get all in a tizzy about it like I did before (Nat, I know you mean, I worried all the time too) and just be relaxed about it, so I,ll just persevere with Ty, and if she never "gets" how to eat a wing, Im not too bothered.

Ive ordered stuff from Landywoods too, for when I get brave and dont just feed the natures menu raw blocks, but I dont mind them eating natures/amp stuff for now, Im just glad Ty is loving it at last.

One small problem Im having is that with any bones, Ty gets VERY funny with George. I seperate them when they have them, but even after Ive picked up the bones and slung them, if George sniffs where Ty had her bone, she launches herself at him :unsure: , so Im wary of that.

Part of my home improvements Im having done is a small extension so the dogs have there own room in a way, their crates are going to be in there, along with their freezer, and Im getting another microwave cos I dont like using mine for their stuff if I need to defrost it . Its going to be a very "dog friendly" room, ceramic tiles on the floor etc, and Im having the central heating extended into there so they dont get cold :rolleyes: , I,ll even give them their own radio (I did think about a portable tv, but they might argue over what to watch :biggrin: ), and Im more excited about this little room than any of the other stuff Im having done in the house...lol...Bet they never use it!!