UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Charliegoo Being Naughty

gooster

Over the past week, Charliegoo has started being really naughty. He went for his booster and was wormed on Wednesday, and since then, he's just been a complete little git. His recall seems to have gone totally out of the window, and he's started being a bit destructive. On Thursday I got home from work to discover that he'd somehow managed to drag my dog walking coat through the bars of the babygate at the bottom of the stairs, and rip all the pockets in it :angry: (said coat had been there for about a week and he'd not bothered with it previously). This morning I was awoken (on my day off none the less), by the sound of plastic bags rustling. I thought it was Kath looking for something downstairs, but it carried on for ages, so I went downstairs to discover that he had dragged a plastic bag through the babygate, which had all my textbooks in it (never seen food), and shredded a piece of card that was in there.

His recall is usually 100%, but he's started needing about 5 shouts to get him back, and even then he only comes back because you've shouted him as opposed to calling him. On Sunday we were at the yard, and about to go out for a ride, when he disappeared. I was calling him and calling him, and he didn't appear. In the end I had to go and find him, which is not like him at all.

For those who don't know, he's a 7 year old neutered crossbreed, been training since he was 8 weeks old, and fed on Burns fish and rice. Nothing has changed recently to make him start behaving oddly :unsure:

Any suggestions?

Hi, in an adult dog, if there is a change in behaviour with no obvious cause, a thorough vet check is recommended.

It's really hard to suggest anything - except for the usual things, ie is he getting less exercise, is there any stress in the household, has he been in any fights etc as these things could all cause different behaviour...

Sorry not much help but i tried :biggrin:

The change in the home situation *may* be possibly something to do with it, however I've lived here since November now, so I'd have thought that anything like this would have manifested itself sooner.

He may be stropping because he's not allowed to eat horse poo anymore (we discovered that it was eating horse poo that made Eddie unclean overnight in the house :rolleyes: ), however I wouldn't have thought that he would change so much because of that, as that is the only thing that has changed recently :unsure: