UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Post Sedation Question

nouggatti

Megan went back to the vet today to have her stitches out (all 29 of them)

As she is absolutely terrified of the vets (dunno why as she's been there once prior to this) last week when her drain came out we barely managed to get the drain out before she lost the plot, I asked the vets to give me a syringe of sedative to give her at home so I could bring her in sedated, rather than bringing her in, trying to get the stitches out, her going gaga then having to be sedated.

That was about 5, she started coming out of the sedation about 530, but she's still fairly groggy even now.

Far far more groggy than a dog e.g. who has had anaesthesia, or sedation (our lab foster was sedated for her stitches and she is fine) she's extremely spaced out, still not fully mobile, and her eyes are still a bit drugged looking.

I know I can ring the vets, and if I feel the need to I will, at the moment I am not massively worried, more wondering if anyone has had a similiar experience?

Meg is a whippet x, weighs about 13kg

both my sighthounds are far more dozy after even mild sedation that my collie x

mind you it has to be said that they are pretty dozy without sedation :laugh:

Megan may also be feeling a bit under the weather from the procedure , mine are normally back on there feet the next day so hopefully in the morning Megan will be feeling back to to normal

Sam :flowers: