Indy came from Battersea Dogs and Cats Home in 1999

IndyontheTowpath.jpg

and recently

France006.jpg

Then Rio arrived from EGLR a year later

IndyandaveryyoungRio.jpg

and recently

Rioandviewcrop.jpg

then all hell broke loose and Bertie came along from Greyhound Gap as a foster pup - for all of one week

0721978e.jpg

and recently, still mates

GruesomeTwosomecropped.jpg

My 3 lovelies c/o Malby Photography

IMG_6698x.jpg

Gone but never forgotten:

Hawksbee & Dempsey came from Battersea in the early 1990s

photo_claire_demps_hawks.jpg

Mac came from Battersea in 1996

Macsnog.jpg

Donna came from Houndsavers as a 'foster' and never left

img_0481_std.jpg

Current dogs:

Guinness was an 'appeal' dog on Pet Rescue :rolleyes: around 1998

Guinness.jpg

Shadow came from the RGT 1999

shad.jpg

Sky was kindly 'dumped' on me by the South Oxfordshire Dog Warden when Foot & Mouth closed all the rescues and she was due to be PTS. She was 'meant' to be a foster dog. This was 2001.

img_0085_std.jpg

Jack came into the house from the rescue to recover from his leg amputation in 2002. He never left.

img_09761_std.jpg

Lily was sent to me by the angels (and Catherine) shortly after Donna died and just before we lost Mac, last December. She is a Warrington poundie:

P1010008-4.jpg

Roxy belonged to a colleague who could no longer keep her as she didn't like it when his baby went anywhere near her toys :rolleyes: :

CleverCollie1.jpg

Gemma was a HWAR NE poundie. She was fostered by GSD Fan :flowers: :

GemPLaptop2Small.jpg

Murphy was a HWAR NE poundie. He was looked after by Halfway Home and then we fostered him. He did go to a new home but it didn't work out, so he came back to us and we kept him because Gemma had fallen in love with him - she was depressed when he went and was overjoyed when he came back:

DSC00950.jpg

This is the happy couple :wub: (a.k.a. the naughty twins!):

GemmaMurphyFire.jpg

And finally, Tricks came from Poplar Farm 2 weeks ago after waiting nearly 2 years for his new home :mecry: :

DSC02010.jpg

He's showing how quickly he's settled-in on this one (amongst other things!) :wacko: :

DSC02011.jpg

So that's our current batch!

Early in 2005, I was looking for a Cairn terrier puppy and a Border Collie. I phoned a Border Collie rescue about a Border Collie puppy but she only had girls and I was looking for a boy. I told her I was also looking for a Cairn Terrier and it turned out that she was a breeder. She had Toffee available so I went and got her.:wub:

Then

2005%2001_0537.JPG

Now

Before.JPG

But I still needed that Collie boy. I found Jacko in my local dog pound in April 2005. It was love at first sight :wub:

Then

Dog.jpg

Now

grass.JPG

Ok, so one of them was from a breeder and one of them was a rescue, but I firmly believe that they were both meant to be ours and were in the right places at the right times :)

Phoenix came from a local animal shelter in 2001. He'd bounced in his previous homes and I was the mug who fell for him :wub: and put up with all his "baggage"

p2.jpg

Nala came from a breeder in 2004, I don't regret getting her at all and she's brought so much happiness into my life :wub:

n2n.jpg

Mya is an ex-Rochdale poundie rehomed via the Dogs Trust last May :wub: I did the first part of her transport run and phoned them up to reserve her as soon as I'd got home :laugh:

IMG_4827.jpg

Dylan was from Binfield Dog Rescue, adopted in 2001 (wow, time flies...)

Dylan0806-1.jpg

Troy from breed rescue, adopted in 2001

Troy0806-5-1.jpg

Flash was from Lurcher Link, adopted in 2005

Flash0806-2.jpg

And our newest recruit Jesse (still with the breeder at the moment as he is only 7 weeks old today)

040207.jpg

Edited by LurcherGirl

2005%2001_0537.JPG

OMG!! She is adoreable now..but what a puppy!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Cromwell. Came from Warrington not via a rescue but a friend who volunteered at Rose Tree Kennels and he desperately needed 'fostering' as he wasn't coping in kennels. 11 years on and he's still here! :huh:

a445ec578d876b70ebb6ebeebbc671da.jpg

Tiz. From Windyways Rescue in Macclesfield. Came as a companion for Cromwell...turned out he couldn't really care less about her!!! :dry:

053ad7f461e1ecb6cadd136968af3ba6.jpg

Sidney. A fatal picture on DP from WAW...cute curly haired poopie that I was just going to take a look at!!! He's turned into a fantastic fun lunatic that even Cromwell has been known to snuggle up with! :wub:

78a2cd63d6da40c83766ae0d29e3981c.jpg

SuperDuper Cooper. Came as a foster from WAW, stayed because of his sweet, kind and endearing nature. (And because he was the only one who would play ball with Sidney!!! :laugh: )

P7300260.jpg

Morse came from Pinewood Rescue in November 2000, as a 12 week old pup

DSCF0034.jpg

Smudge came from Hearing Dogs as a puppy foster - he went off for his training after 8 months with us, but failed, so came back as a permanent addition

DSCF0874.jpg

Sophie came from Pound Puppy Animal Rescue in Dorset on October 1, 2005, having been passed around a bit before she came to us.

DSCF0320.jpg

Khanu was from a breeder in June 2003. He is not a first time dog at all :rolleyes: but he's taught me a huge amount and I can't imagine life without him. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have the dogs I do, or the life I have now :wub:

petworthpark016.jpg

Willow came from Warnham Animal Sanctuary in West Sussex (now closed :( ) in Sept 2004. Given up for being aggressive :huh: she's my wiggle bum and a beautiful dog :wub:

petworthpark018.jpg

Syd came from White Lodge Longdogs in July 2006. After I met him at the melton show, that was it. He's a cheeky so and so and winds Khanu up no end but he melts my heart :wub:

petworthpark022.jpg

Kayla came from White Lodge too :huh: :laugh: She was a foster for all of 3 days, she is such a happy soul and makes me giggle everyday. She also makes me look foolish for worrying about her dodgy legs by sprinting after strange men in the park and galloping across fields to say hello and play with the others :D

dogs036.jpg

Skye was the result of an accidental litter and came to me in September 2006 from a local family who knew my dream dog was a tri-merle collie with a blue eye. We werent even planning on getting a dog at the time but upon seeing her it was love at first sight! Skyes mum was a GSD and her dad was a blue merle collie (who was only 6mths at the time :ohmy: !) 11 pups were born in total and mum and dad are now spayed!

Skye at 9weeks when we brought her home

SKYE116.jpg

Skye now

6thFeb07053.jpg

28thJan0714.jpg

Codie was rescued by HWAR along with her brothers at 11weeks old. We were on the look out for another dog and Cheryl mentioned her friend (Kazz) was due to be fostering a merle collie. It seemed like fate adn a week later she was living with us :biggrin:

Codie then

merlie3.jpg

Codie now

6thFeb07038.jpg

6thFeb07041.jpg

CIMG2049.jpg

Duke (Black) and Coco (Brown) on a visit to Ena at Second Chance in Fife :flowers: The wee one was staying with Ena at the time, on her way to a forever home, unfortunately not withe us.

Duke and Coco came to us five years ago through breed rescue as did three others before them - Barney, Chris and Jim - mother and daughter formerly Crystal and Jemma. Kirstie "our " first Newf was breeder bought and a complete disaster temperament wise.

Duke was a 13 month old Thug untrained by owners who gave him up and Coco was rendered homeless at 2 1/2 by family breakup.

The Big DB in the middle I've had for 20 years - product of many broken relationships and almost untrainable :biggrin:

IMG_0763.jpg

Tilly came from Rain Rescue in Doncaster, I saw a picture of her crossposted onto Cockers Online and fell in love even though she looked like a little shorn brown sheep because all her fur had been clipped...

SSCN1437.jpg

TillyTraining.jpg

Alfie is from a fantastic breeder of working cockers here in Scotland and I do not regret having him for one second. I love him more than anything and he is shaping up to be a great working dog :biggrin: This is him on holiday on Skye last June aged 5 and a half months :wub:

AlfieSkye4.jpg

and I can't forget Milocat cos he thinks he's a dog anyway. He came from rescue in Wales...

Awww.jpg