UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pet Blinkers

gooster

Since my 2 are both black and small, I have pet blinkers to make sure I can see them in the dark. However, Eddie seems to have an uncanny ability to break then :unsure: They work fine when they are not on him, but the second you attach them to his collar and try and switch it on, it doesn't work. Now, is he just some kind of evil genius, who is trying to sabotage my plans to see when he's up to no good, or is it something like his microchip disturbing the field of the blinker, or is it just a heck of a coincidence?

This morning for example, I tried to turn the blinker on, and it didn't come on. When I got home, I took his collar off, switched it on, and it was as bright as anything. These are all brand new blinkers that I am using on him, not older ones :unsure:

I found Puplight's the best thing for night time walks :) Sam has them for the Squirrel dogs and they are great as the light can be angled to shine down on the ground and they are splash proof, so you can see where they are even if they stand with thier back to you. I found the blinkers were ok for on-lead walks, but off lead if they were facing the wrong way, their body would block out the light :rolleyes:

Monty had a blue light attached to his collar for when he went out at night. When we were at the caravan, I would turn his light on and watch him wandering around the field. With him been black it just appeared like a blue hazy was hovering above the grass. You should have seen the look on peoples faces and hear the comments they came out with. :laugh: :laugh:

I have had nothing but trouble with mine and they just seem to eat batteries - Sadie's in particular seem to go wrong. I have a K9 fluorescent collar with red LEDs that still works perfectly but the large size just fits Sadie and we can't get one big enough to stay on Buster so got the blinkers instead.

Think I will be looking for an alternative as soon as the last batteries die instead of buying more batteries.

Caz

Another puplight fan here. I bought some for the dogs before we went to France because the dogs have access to the fields straight from the front door and even though the land is ours I still like to know where they are especially in the dark. They were fantastic, Bertie didn't particularly like his but I knew where he was, I was going to take pictures of these lights floating over the fields but the camera wasn't playing the game.

Mine have flashing collars but I couldn't see them from certain angles so I taped a flashing bike light to the front of the collar, because of the weight it holds the collar so its lights are on the back of the neck and the bike light flashes downwards, Jumble has the red light and Cecil the white so I know which dog is where. I got a flashy band thingy which is meant for use well sort of anywhere, but its great for Jack, the bike light would be a bit heavy for a shortarse and I don't let him off the lead anyway! I got the collars off Ebay and haven't had any problems with poor battery life. :)

I use Pet Blinkers for the Beasts. Having tried all sorts of collars and things that just broke after a couple of months, these looked pretty rugged and so far - 4 months of six of them - they have proved to be just that. And they are really bright.

Have to say it looks like the aliens have landed with five of them charging around in the distance. :biggrin:

The pup lights look great, but with Ted's reputation of breaking all kinds of lighty up devices, I don't really want to spend £15 on one for him to go and lose/break it :huh: Roll on summer :laugh:

These lights are squigg dog proof ( and thats saying something )

nothing else I have tried comes even close to how good these are and I would recommend them to any one