UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Weird Virus/bacteria

EGAR

Roisin came from the Pound and had just overcome her mange mites, wormes and ear mites, had perked up a bit and started to eat well when she developed diarrhoea virtually out of nowhere, lost condition within hours and despite having been in vet med care died there last night. I understand that this seems to be fairly common with pups from this backround. I was absolutely shocked as I have NEVER seen a dog/pup go under so fast.

This morning one of my own dogs, Nemo, developed the same symptoms (he is fully DHPPI + L vacc'd) and I took him straight to the vet. However, he is older than Roisin and in better fettle and I HOPE, he will pull through. I have stool samples sent in for tests.

The diarrhoea is grey and very sticky, not runny as such. No blood present. It smells artrocious but is not a Parvo smell. Roisin had no temp but Nemo has had very high temp this morning. I give him fluids every hour now and he has managed to keep some down. I have NO idea what I am dealing with here... Nemo has had no contact with Roisin but somehow I managed to pass it on :mecry: .

Anyone???

Nemo has been at the vets on a drip since yesterday morning. We are cautiously optimistic...

The lab results have come back, Roisins faeces were positive for corona AND parvo. She never had a chance..

Nemo's is positive for parvo although he is vacc'd this seems to be a particulary vicious strain...

Sarah :(

Thank you, Muriel!