UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Little Girl Gracie

Mrs Mop

I took Gracie to see the orthopaedic vet yesterday because both her back legs and spine were very sore last Monday. Although she has arthritis, it seems both her crucial ligaments have been partly gone all the time I have had her, but her left one has gone completely now which is why she suddenly deteriated. There is no soreness in her spine yesterday thank goodness.

Due to her age, they think she is about 14 or 15 years young, he doesn't want to operate but will do if it was necessary but wants to try painkillers with rest and the right exercise to see if that will help her. If he operates he will have to do the worst one first then the other, and from start to finish it will take about 6 months, Chris the vet thinks it is too long for a dog of her age.

I have brought her crate down and when in there the 2 hooligans can't knock her, and she has a lovely faux fur throw for a blanket to lie on. The problem is the others want to be in there as well and seem to think it is big enough for 2 dogs, it is only a small crate. :laugh:

Chris wants to see her in 10 days time to see if she is making progress.

Homeopathic Ruta Grav and sometimes Rhus Tox can really help Ligaments repair. I'd talk to a Homeopathic Vet too and get their advice - best of both worlds, the two could work together to help your girl. I wonder if Acupuncture could help too? Ask vet Hom. To find one, try here

http://www.bahvs.com/

http://www.trusthomeopathy.org/trust/tru_over.html

Homeopathic Arnica can be helpful too on days when she's feeling sore, it's for any injury.

I'll send her some Reiki if she wants it.

Thanks Muriel, I am very lucky I have a friend who has a Masters Degree in Animal Homeopathy from an America University, you can't do it in this country and she is going to send me some remedies for Gracie. I have Rhus Tox to put her on, I never thought of that.

If you want to see her web site, it is www.caninecaregroup.net

Gracie won't always take Reiki from me but will snuggle up to me when I am doing it on myself. Can you please send her Reiki if she will take it, she can be quite a madam which is part of why I love her so much. :flowers: