UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Post Neuter Bruising And Lethargy?

nouggatti

Sean wolfhound was neutered on Tuesday, and was groggy enough when he got home.

Since then his testicles have bruised up quite badly, they are almost black, and he has fairly extensive bruising on his p****, beside and on the stitches.

He's also a a little lethargic for him, and slightly more clingy than normal.

Now it's ages since I had a sighthound neutered so I'm wondering if this is normal?

He did have one of those long lasting antibiotic shots after his neuter.

I'm quite happy to take him to the vet tomorrow evening if necessary.

Any info advice would be much appreciated!

Not being a fan of bruising/swelling, I do wish he would stop roaching with all his man bits hanging out in all their woe :biggrin:

Tealeaf was a very poorly bunny for a couple of days post-op. The rest were fine......

there was no noticeable bruising but he was very lathargic

Brandy (bless his cottons) swole (swoll?) up like a football.

With QB they took away the sac as they said "he would blow away in a strong wind

We did take him (Tealeaf) back a couple of times out of sheer panic but he just needed time to recover.

Sully got massive swelling and bruising after he was castrated

lie1.jpg

and it got worse before it got better after that pic.

It was just filled with fluid, but he needed regular antibiotic injections to stop an infection taking hold, although he didn't seem to be in much pain, but he was very sorry for himself and depressed. It was weeks, maybe even a couple of months, before it all settled down.

If he isn't showing any sign of improvement after a couple of days I'd go back for a check up. My vet thought I was fussing over nothing, until we actually got to the surgery, but his jaw dropped when he actually saw Sully.