UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Breakthrough

lucyandmeg

Murphy has taken a long time to learn flyball, he started around christmas last year and he has been a nightmare to train because he isn't really ball motivated and just wanted to chase the other team. Well on monday we had a pairs "fun tournament" and murphy was actually racing properly. (albeit with netting down the middle) At one point the other side didn't run and he stopped half way down and looked at them as if "come on then i want to race you!" :laugh:

Then today he actually played properly with a normal tennis ball. When i first got him he wasn't really ball motivated at all, but i found he quite liked the squeaky tennis balls and got him fairly interested in this, but he refused to chase or pick up a normal ball. He could actually tell that it wasn't squeaky when you threw it! But today i couldn't find a squeaky ball today and so i chanced a normal ball, and he didn't even notice there was a difference!

So all you people with dogs that aren't very interested in tennis balls it can be done with an awful lot of patience, and we hope to see you in starters this summer at long last!

(Now if i can just get the goldie interested...!) :laugh:

Our lurcher can do the running bit

do the box bit

do the jumps

etc etc even without the netting

BUT

can she carry a ball for more than half a step ? can she poo eck as like

we will get there in the end - shes now picking a ball up - spitting it out again straight afterwards but at least shes now picking it up